Cogitech’s 1st Outdoor Grow

Ya I have a lot going on in the next week and I didn’t want to lose them to neglect or mold or anything else. These damp, foggy/frosty mornings had me worried.

By the way, there are definitely some seeds!

3 Likes

Nice haul mate.
When I come to harvesting my outdoors stuff I’ll have to give @meesh “wash” a try. I’ve found all sorts crawling about them that I don’t fancy ingesting. Do we have the ingredients and quantities for the wash available??

2 Likes

1/2 a cup of baking soda, 1/2 a cup of lemon juice, and 5 gallons of water. Slosh them around in there and then let them sit for 2-3 minutes. Then rinse in 5 gallons of hot water and then again in 5 gallons of cold water. After that, shake them off really well and let a fan blow on them for 15 minutes. Then proceed to trim and hang them.

Truth be told, I skipped the hot water rinse and I didn’t fan dry them, but after trimming I put a small tent fan on them to get rid of the excess water. It’s been going all night. Need to shut it off now.

2 Likes

Thanks @cogitech. I’ve still a few weeks to go with the outdoors stuff but I’ll copy and paste your post into a note on my phone and use it when it’s time. After seeing the left over shit in @Meesh bud bath Ive been a little put off outdoor. When you think how many dispensaries and dealers must sell weed dirty like that. It can’t be safe :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I agree. Although in my case both the wash and rinse water remained pretty clear except for a couple dozen small critters that looked like fungus gnats and small spiders. Still very much worth it to get rid of those bastards.

2 Likes

Definitely going to do the same this year, especially with the spider mite bonanza that I have going on…
A little nervous of using hot water though. I know that the cannabinoids aren’t water soluble, but how hot is hot? This guy uses virtually the same method, but there is no mention of hot water:
https://www.docbudsbrix.com/bud-washing

2 Likes

I guess the hot water would do a better job of rinsing, but I was too lazy to take my bucket down to the laundry tub and fill it with hot water and I figured a vigorous cold rinse would be good enough.

2 Likes

I think you made the right ‘mistake’ if you ask me.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the hot water matters. My buds are coming out really sparkly and clean though. I’ve taken down 4 plants now and washed them all. They all taste great and dried up really nicely. No harm has come to them at all. Also, I’m quite certain I washed a lot more in my bin so of course more filth. lol Regardless, it sure makes it feel safer to smoke, doesn’t it?

3 Likes