Cola cob build for @gaz29

You can crank this at full all day everyday bro. Even the overpower isn’t to any Ill effect. That’s about 28w a chip for chips rated at 58.8w

Efficient af

3 Likes

Yup dam good job cola! That wee rig i built the missis has 8 of those cobs running at 200w total and they barely get warm so gaz will love his i recon :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Efficiency is whorr-its about mate so running this at 28w per , works out well for me and, if I changed Driver (in future)to run at between 35/50 watts per cob, that would mstill have a relatively long life and by the time I have used them for a while, I’m sure the new next best lighting will be out etc…
so if I ran them hard at 50w per , would thet significantly lessen lights life.?
The lights Looks good mate and just in time for summer time bud…

Talk again tomorrow and you have a good night mate…
Happy growing ,
Gaz

4 Likes

Testing till it’s going cos I’ve not built my own light. Running it at minimum. You can clearly see the spread in a 2x4 area it’s nice

As for the driver. Swapping it for 320w driver would give you 40w a chip and should still be sweet as a nut bro. The heatsinks with fans blowing are rated for like 95w a piece

6 Likes

That’s a great looking rig bro, nice to see it in use :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Yeah it is. Someone offered me £400 for it last night instant cash. Pretty skint too. But a man of my word so I’m still sat on it

3 Likes

After chasing the parcelforce delivery tit in my undies ( c*nt only buzzes once then couldn’t hear me shouting out the window so i ran down the two flights , my arse hanging out et al and he asked for FKN I.D…!! Cheeky bast , i was about to argue when he said it was ok now… worra numpty.!
Anyway It was worth the chase as it was the light that Cola built for me, plus some good additional nutes and a Sonoff wifi connection for my phone etc…
Here’s a pic :arrow_lower_right:

Cheers Cola i have to go out but I’ll fire :fire: it up later and I’ll show you a pic or two…
Happy growing.
Gaz

7 Likes

Colas on an epic train journey of small proportions himself now ha. I’ll catch you up when I get back home and see how you’re getting on. I’m just hoping she had a gentle journey to you mate ha. And I hate parcel farce beyond belief I dread to see my phone bill this month

3 Likes

Thanks @Cola … i tried the rig just there and it ran excellent at only 105w , I have a 4 x 4 tent I’ve not put up yet but I’m thinking of putting this along with two 55w cobs and a 315w lec/cdm in the 4 x 4 ( i could run this rig at at very max =240w , so 350ish cob watts and the 315w lec/cdm should be enough… Maybe some additional 28w led bulbs for supplement lighting…
Anyway I’ll probably upgrade to a bigger driver to run lights at about 320/350w…
Here’s a couple of pics, I’ve not got it hanging up yet but will soon…

5 Likes

Hope you get on well with that LED rig pal, I wont be using anything else from now on. I recon two of those cob rigs would light a 4 x 4 very nicely :grin: Be easier to set the height from canopy and probably save some cash on the leccy too :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Quite high for the driver but plants :seedling: love the light also a 55w cob in there too…:leftwards_arrow_with_hook:

Pic of the cobs :leftwards_arrow_with_hook: at 240w …

I have a couple more weeks left till my X18 crosses are done, so hoping the leds helps them finish better.

Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

5 Likes

Looking good in there pal, that led rig is cracking eh. We.re doing an experiment, mainly cos her malawi auto has got so big. We are seeing how close it can be to the cobs before it shows any signs of heat issues. For the past 3 days it’s been about 4" from touching the cobs but still shows no signs of any problems if fact it’s loving all that light :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi guys. I also bought the LCD display to show me Watts etc. But I am not really sure how to connect it to the solstrip light properly :confused: Can anybody take a picture so I can see? :slight_smile: I got the 480W driver that uses two autake cables for the lights. Hope it wont be a problem…

Here is the topic: Fisch is building DIY 480watt Solstrip light!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Positive wire from the AC side through the ring. Negative outside that ring. You will see the picture on the back and that will make sense
The ring itself then sits in the other 2 junctions.

@Gaz29 I would drop that a good few inches mate. They take a lot more than people think.

1 Like

I will drop it some more after I get plants used to the cobs only light plus :leftwards_arrow_with_hook: these two 55w cobs, I’ve got roughly 350 odd cob- watts in my 3 by 3, i only put the rig in tent two days ago and I have a couple of 3 ft plants with 2 to 3 weeks til finished…
Anyway how near/far can this rig be to my plants :seedling:.?
Here’s My two cobs… great wee lights.! From the cobshop U.S )… ( i had to pay extra £73 tax/customs - the bastads kept the lights til i paid …UK end .! )

You must be off on your holidays soon eh… you and family have a great time away ok mate…
Btw i have used some of the ‘bloom booster’ from you. too early to say it’s working yet …
I will lower rig soon too mate…
Gaz

4 Likes

Don’t talk to me about tax/customs duty on lighting brother lol. We should have already been on holiday now. But there was an issue with the flights…as in my Mrs booked them for 2019. No refunds on flights so we’re going Tenerife next year. But we’re fucking off to corfu tomorrow for a week with the hotel refund cash. The boost stuff is good. Just not too much of it before stretch bro

4 Likes