Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Drilled and Mounted all the drivers to the enclosure plate. Wired them all into the sonoff now and earthed to the plate. I put the ammeter in another enclosure last night. Other drivers haven’t arrived. FedEx fannying about again for 2inch of snow. I’ve forgot what pics I’ve uploaded so can’t go into much detail.

On another note. Rather than doing my shed. I’m repairing the door on the dog kennel. One blown fence panel and 2 snapped gates. fuck you weather

4 Likes

As neat as I can make it. Glad that weight isn’t sitting on my light frame this time

3 Likes

Been looking into heat sinks and found these. Tempted but cash is tight just now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Heatsink-Cooling-for-COB-LED-Grow-light-Memory-Chip-Peltier-heat-sink/173185905250?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D43781%26meid%3De60020e0ad81490da0a57028b12f4469%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122979372489%26itm%3D173185905250&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

1 Like

They look like they would do quite nicely. What size room you wanna run with cobs mate

1m x 1m is the plan but i’m a way off achieving it. Maybe later this year depending on work etc.

1 Like

Small thread jacking here but I know my mate across the pond won’t mind.

Have a look Here I think you’ll enjoy the read and see what 320w of Solstrips can get ya :wink:

2 Likes

Seen tags and posts where I should pipe up tonight but it’s been a long week so I’m gonna wind down with a few tins of Stella and a tray full of green crack

Peace

Cola

3 Likes

Take your time lol. We will all be here lol.

1 Like

Don’t tell me what to do bro :joy:

1 Like

Well, It’s not like the post runs on the weekend, so DON’T go respond to all your tags and threads you’re following. :wink:

1 Like

Currently sat in my mates kitchen listening to my mrs and my mates wife talking about aqua fit. Don’t expect sense. I usually come on here high af and sound like a speshil anyway.

At least you know I’m semi smart bro ha

2 Likes

If your tight on cash just go to a computer recycle center and ask them for some old pc CPU heatsinks. The factory intel core 2 and up heatsinks are perfect and are designed to dissipate over 100w of heat so they work perfect and can be gotten very cheap.

9 Likes

That reference pic doesn’t look like it would have much mounting space. I’ve actually ended up paying £94 for 10 arctic heatsinks. Reliability swung it for me. But on a budget look on eBay for am3 cpu heatsink cooler blah blah. Can pick them up for under £4 large mounting space etc

This is what I ended up going for. Was going to be arctic 11 pro cpu heatsinks but amazon is shit so let’s see how eBay does then eh

it’s perfect if you mount with heatsink adhesive compound the edges of the Cobs square will overlap but the actual round portion of the cob fits inside of the copper circles diameter, which is where the heat is coming from.

2 Likes

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152834039064

Take a look mate. Spent a fair while looking. As far as a bargain goes with matching multiples available and decent mounting space. It’s the best I found

2 Likes

Heres a pic of them mounted with 100w cree and I got them for $2 a piece. Pic is of 1 factory heatsink and one factory like cooler master.3070

5 Likes

I can’t argue with that mate. Unfortunately this stuff at those prices is a rarity in the U.K. I’m not comfortable mounting a cob without pressure either for heat dissipation peace of mind kinda thing. I know its not a necessity but my head works funny ways ha

1 Like

What are you driving them at and what are you using to drive your fans?

Here’s my light controller so far

Hlg320h for 10x cluo38s 5 x 3500k 5x 3000k.

Hlg 150h 4 x solstrips 5000k

Sonoff relay = WiFi controlled variable spectrum grow light

@pookie123 I do like the low cost recycle COB idea but the noise from all the fans would probably rule it out for me even if i could find enough of em. It’s a shame but there is already 2 extraction fans and 4 circulation fans running already between the 2 tents so i don’t want to add any more.

1 Like