Cola’s starting from scratch garden

New multimeter. Also reads temperature which is a really nice function to have with it. Reckon I’ll get many years out of it too.

Also got an evolution fury 6 table/mitre saw combo. (cuts steel. Aluminium. Wood. Pvc etc all with one blade. Should make framing a lot easier. Plus fuck yeah new toy :smirk:

5 Likes

Felt like both shroedinger and his cat just now. Delivery man came before and as I answered the door he said that smells potent do you mind if I have a go. (spliff smoked in the kitchen about 2 hours previous) I had just wrapped another so ended up sitting in the car getting high and forgot about the giant box he dropped off.

Long story short just went to get some apple juice and stumbled on the giant box again. That many orders over the past week I can’t keep up with what’s come/coming/due. It turned out it was the insulation for my shed.

After that I proceeded to say do you know what I can fit in that. Box. I was right.

Definitely bedtime

Peace :v:

5 Likes

6 Likes

No light or heat leaks through that lot…how are you gonna warm things up in there?

2 Likes

Thats only a start. Dancing round the tent and my workbench trying to stick it up lol. I’ve got a little 700w oil filled I can stick in the shed and a little 2 ft bar heater to go in the tent

Edit @Robin I’ve got 2 sonoff th10s on the way to deal with heat and humidity

4 Likes

Im assuming you have decent wifi in the shed? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes sir. Full signal. The router is by my back window so there will be maybe 10m between that and the sonoffs

1 Like

Nice, I added a little belkin wifi extender in my shed to generally boost the signal, money well spent :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m hoping I won’t need it to be honest mate. But I’ll keep it in mind if the sonoffs struggle.

Just had to venture out in that weather. Seen Dorothy and toto on their way back to Kansas :joy:

5 Likes

I used 3 foot tube heaters mounted on individual little planks of wood in my loft grows of old. They are quite cheap, you can get them real close to the base of plants/pots etc and it doesn’t matter if you spill a bit of liquid on them from time to time.

3 Likes

I used a 3ft tube in my last loft grow. Exactly as you say. I do have a 2ft tube heater here ready to go In when I put my fan and filter etc in but I not been rushing. Paying more attention to my light as you can tell lol

2 Likes

Meanwell hlg320h c700a just landed. Should have another 2 drivers arriving today if fedex do their thing properly. Another hlg320h c700a (cos the one that just landed lost tracking details and didn’t arrive on time mouser sent a replacement just in case) top notch service from mouser.com
And a hlg185h c700a.

Oh and amazon are a. Shitstain. Ordered the heatsinks last week. To receive an email yesterday telling me they were back ordered did I wanna wait? No piss off send my money back. Ordered some on eBay and managed to save about £20 due to a deal so turned up a winner anyway.

Tip: if you’re gonna use cpu heatsinks. Save a load of headache looking through various types and look towards am3 chip coolers. They’ve had the largest available mounting space I’ve found

3 Likes

Drilled and Mounted all the drivers to the enclosure plate. Wired them all into the sonoff now and earthed to the plate. I put the ammeter in another enclosure last night. Other drivers haven’t arrived. FedEx fannying about again for 2inch of snow. I’ve forgot what pics I’ve uploaded so can’t go into much detail.

On another note. Rather than doing my shed. I’m repairing the door on the dog kennel. One blown fence panel and 2 snapped gates. fuck you weather

4 Likes

As neat as I can make it. Glad that weight isn’t sitting on my light frame this time

3 Likes

Been looking into heat sinks and found these. Tempted but cash is tight just now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Heatsink-Cooling-for-COB-LED-Grow-light-Memory-Chip-Peltier-heat-sink/173185905250?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D43781%26meid%3De60020e0ad81490da0a57028b12f4469%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D122979372489%26itm%3D173185905250&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

1 Like

They look like they would do quite nicely. What size room you wanna run with cobs mate

1m x 1m is the plan but i’m a way off achieving it. Maybe later this year depending on work etc.

1 Like

Small thread jacking here but I know my mate across the pond won’t mind.

Have a look Here I think you’ll enjoy the read and see what 320w of Solstrips can get ya :wink:

2 Likes

Seen tags and posts where I should pipe up tonight but it’s been a long week so I’m gonna wind down with a few tins of Stella and a tray full of green crack

Peace

Cola

3 Likes

Take your time lol. We will all be here lol.

1 Like