Cola’s starting from scratch garden

This happened today In preparation for the solstix trigger pulling when funds land.
Started putting a cost sheet together too. It’s gonna be…fucking expensive :joy:

7 Likes

The exact cost of every project I do. :grin: :laughing: :joy:

6 Likes

I’m justifying it by telling myself it will be a utilititarian piece of grow equipment worthy of da Vinci himself…

Not much worked for him either :laughing:

6 Likes

I run H2O2 with every res top up, I would not go without it these days after seeing how well it worked to get rid of whatever pathogen when I first used it.

Nothing lives in my tent but my plants :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At what strength @Pedro_Bann what nute line etc do you run and you got a thread I can take a look at how you run shit bro

I add about 50ml of 50% to my res about weekly when I top up, which is I think a 160 litre tub.
I use a one part nute called Extra Nutrex (grow and bloom), normally I have been using Grow for three weeks after clone transplant then the Bloom for the rest of the time and never use anything else except the peroxide.

Growing in hydroton, flood and drain, 4 per square foot @~50w per square foot CXB3590 COBs flower straight from clone or seed.
This last run got 29.5 ounces dry with heaps of stuff ups.

2 Likes

Not sure where you are but it’s not a nute line I’ve heard of nutrex. Clearly getting results though. What size room is that? I plan on filling the net pots with hydroton too running canna aqua line. Hoping to have my light built by the time I flip anything. I’m toying with the idea of converting the 3 iws to rdwc. Water changes have never appealed.

1 Like

got a couple of lengths of 19.5x2mm aluminium flat bar to make the mounts for my heatsinks. 20 to cut and 80 holes to drill. 40 to tap. Turning into an absolute labour of love this build but no point doing half a job

4 Likes

Lol… what was I sayin about DIY earlier…good job. :+1:
I’m gonna use a siphon pump for nute changes and refill from a barrel :grinning:

3 Likes

Honestly mate that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Heat sinks all need to be drilled and tapped for cobs and holders. Got 2 ip55 enclosures today one to house 3 240v 16a rocker switches. (One to each driver necessary for the build) the other housing to accommodate a voltmeter ammeter. Which I’m gonna wire to the first length of cable. (Before any junctions as that will give me a reading from every driver simply by flipping a rocker to the other 2 and using the potentiometers to adjust individually) does that make sense?

I’ve got as far as Fred flinstoning buckets and dumping the excess nute soup in my clay pit/garden

4 Likes

I am in Australia.

The tent is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m ( 4’ x 4’ ) with a 3’ x 3’ flood drain tray.

1 Like

Uk :uk: 29oz from a 4x4 room is cracking mate. I’m used to a 4x4myself but I’m on half measures now. 2x4 tent build currently in progress. (The tents built just not what needs to sit in it)

3 Likes

me today

10 Likes

That will be me this weekend. :thumbsup: :seedling:

1 Like

All 20 of these cut. Fixing holes drilled to frame. Don’t know my tolerances for mounting the Arctic 11 plus just yet. I know the product dimensions and this is the placement I am left with for the cobs. (If you use a bit of imagination you will see it) solstix to be mounted 2x2 along the centre. A slight platform with 500x300x4mm aluminium sheet to sit along the top middle section mounting the 3 drivers.

The aim with the predominantly aluminium structure is the full thing has the capacity to dissipate heat.

6 Likes

What are you building bro

2 Likes

6x 27000K SolStrip array running at 250-watts

5 Likes

Major bloom light. Tag me where I can see the build going on bro

1 Like

So. Definitely been a busy and costly day. Heatsinks are ordered. Hlg320h ordered. 12v 4a driver ordered. Fan speed controller ordered. Aluminium plate ordered. Cable glands ordered. Ammeter ordered. All extra nuts, bolts and sliders etc ordered. Compiling a full bill of materials as I’m going. Currently waiting for spicy chicken pizza and a reply from Baudelaire to get the solstix on the way.

Then I’m gonna paw at my window for the coming weeks bark and chase my tail every time the postman comes down the drive

Cola

5 Likes

IGood stuff @anon58740919 got me some popcorn :popcorn: to watch your grow in progress…
Have you any seedlings :seedling: up yet ?
Happy growing bud,
Gaz

3 Likes