Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Hey Cola how’s things at your end…
Great looking big plant :seedling: & healthy too mate… is that still just the strips you’re using or cobs too.?
Anyway , take care and I’ll talk to you soon mate…Happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

After seeing what strips do mate. I’d rather cut my losses on your cob build and sell you strips. I’ve had my cobs on minimum a bit but they’re happier with just strips. 300w ish is all I run now and that’s more than sufficient.

@legalcanada your spare land is like our entire nation in size ha. I can just about deal with 0c. Whens a Canadian summer bro

3 Likes

Cola ,So you think it better to run the strips than cobs…? I have two 55w cobs already, so I’ll speak to you later re: the light mate.
I’ve gotta be elsewhere for 12.30 and im running late ish’. Have a good one…
Gaz

2 Likes

Long and short of it is…I wish I filled my cob space with strips bro. Drop me a pm later I’ll run through it with you. The spread is far superior. 2 additional 55w cobs with a couple hundred watts of strip will be good. Mount your cobs higher though i fucked up there

3 Likes

I did wonder about the wisdom of mixing strips and cobs in the same rig too bro but i found with her wee cob rig i can get it to within about 12" from the tops with no issues. Probably cos it’s only running at 25W per cob so i recon adding strips in the middle should be ok in this case. I wouldn’t want to mix strips with cobs running at 50W or more though cos the rig would have to be so much higher that the strips would probably be wasted eh. If i did this again though i would probably just fill the space with strips too, they are obviously way easier to work with :grin:

3 Likes

Lights dimmed to 150w. At what point in life do we have 27c weather in April in manchester. No matter what you do with LED you can’t combat ambient temps like that In a shed without air con

3 Likes

That’s because your cobs are setup efficiently bro. How many loft growers are ending up with herms today then dya reckon my end. I’d hate to be running hps right now

1 Like

27C is HOT! we rarely get that even in July ffs although i well remember being stripped to the waste in the loft covered in sweat and the temp in the flowering chamber being 32C. Hauling 15L of water a day up those ladders and it’s all gone and plants bone dry and wilting the very next morning. Hated it bro, glad i’m not at that lark now. Hps is the past and more and more people are realizing the fact now. I know a few old growers and they are mostly stuck in their ways. Most of them have only seen a chinese blurple panel and were not impressed so they wrote it off. Time they had their eyes opened eh :grin:

Back to the light build for me now, making progress though.

1 Like

I made progress on the veg light using scraps lol. I didnt really I just mounted strips on a rack lol. The cobs may be used again later in bloom on mine but not whilst we have these ridiculous temperatures. Mrs is looking at holidays at the minute. Gets every grower direct to defcon 1 lol

3 Likes

Sounds like a cheap gravity drip system could become essential and you could try the old con - we can afford a much better holiday in a real posh hotel (if we only go for a long weekend instead of a whole week) :grin:
Got the sinks tapped and the frame assembled today, need to get the cobs & strips fitted now and the thing wired.

btw those beans look good bro, cheers :thumbsup:

2 Likes

She’s not wet behind the ears this one unfortunately mate lol. The post says Mr on it but I don’t wear the trousers. I’ll just have to see what she fancies and go along for the ride. Glad the beans arrived safe and strips in a tube I like. Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

2 Likes

A holiday would be good bro, i fancy visiting our dude in Mexico lol My rig should be up and running by early next week if not sooner. I’ll get pics up of the finished article but it’s looking dam good so far dude.

2 Likes

I fancy going seeing @Pedro_Bann in Mexico…
Aribbbaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Day 4 bloom. T5 over the prop. 5 purple Badlands f2s potted straight in no soaking. They’re about 8 weeks old.

Terrible practice but 4 ssdd cuts taken in bloom. She’s just growing so nicely I’ve got a feeling I’m not gonna want to lose her.
Are you ready for cola’s imperfection. I have a 0% clone success rate. Hope we can change that now. Any tips guys.

11 Likes

Plenty of tips, we have made many successful cloner here with help from friends.

Who was it last time wow 6 months or so ago, come on @MadScientist who was that had never got a rooted clone before and now there cloning away happily. Was it uncle al maybe ??? Theres a thread about it on here somewhere.

Followed by

Hehehe, I will show you the way @anon58740919

A shot from last year, in my past I used to have to make 500 clones a day when I worked in Holland :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Looking good there bro! with cuttings the cleaner the cut the better. Aint nothing better than the old wilkinson sword (so called) safety razor blades with a bit of gaffer tape over one half so you don’t slice your fingertips off. Failing that a new scalpel, clonex, a heated propagator, very high humidity and spray em daily with ph’d water. I’ve used all kinds of media to root in except raw coco. Root riot cubes work well and are easy to use but the clonex gel is the dogs bollocks for a high success rate. That and temps around 24C. Get those right and you can get up to a 90% strike rate quite easily.

4 Likes

Show me the light boys. Just your cloning op makes my full setup look like it fell out of a cereal box lol. All I’m doing with these at the minute is keeping them misted in the prop with a t5. Extreme LITFA otherwise

6 Likes
6 Likes

Day 5 bloom. Now she’s flying. Misted my cuts. Ended up having a smoke with a top bloke and grower last night and some Durban Poison were donated to my outdoor cause.

6 Likes

Looking the business there bro! you gonna tie some limbs down so it fills the space up?

1 Like