Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Honestly mate that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Heat sinks all need to be drilled and tapped for cobs and holders. Got 2 ip55 enclosures today one to house 3 240v 16a rocker switches. (One to each driver necessary for the build) the other housing to accommodate a voltmeter ammeter. Which I’m gonna wire to the first length of cable. (Before any junctions as that will give me a reading from every driver simply by flipping a rocker to the other 2 and using the potentiometers to adjust individually) does that make sense?

I’ve got as far as Fred flinstoning buckets and dumping the excess nute soup in my clay pit/garden

4 Likes

I am in Australia.

The tent is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m ( 4’ x 4’ ) with a 3’ x 3’ flood drain tray.

1 Like

Uk :uk: 29oz from a 4x4 room is cracking mate. I’m used to a 4x4myself but I’m on half measures now. 2x4 tent build currently in progress. (The tents built just not what needs to sit in it)

3 Likes

me today

10 Likes

That will be me this weekend. :thumbsup: :seedling:

1 Like

All 20 of these cut. Fixing holes drilled to frame. Don’t know my tolerances for mounting the Arctic 11 plus just yet. I know the product dimensions and this is the placement I am left with for the cobs. (If you use a bit of imagination you will see it) solstix to be mounted 2x2 along the centre. A slight platform with 500x300x4mm aluminium sheet to sit along the top middle section mounting the 3 drivers.

The aim with the predominantly aluminium structure is the full thing has the capacity to dissipate heat.

6 Likes

What are you building bro

2 Likes

6x 27000K SolStrip array running at 250-watts

5 Likes

Major bloom light. Tag me where I can see the build going on bro

1 Like

So. Definitely been a busy and costly day. Heatsinks are ordered. Hlg320h ordered. 12v 4a driver ordered. Fan speed controller ordered. Aluminium plate ordered. Cable glands ordered. Ammeter ordered. All extra nuts, bolts and sliders etc ordered. Compiling a full bill of materials as I’m going. Currently waiting for spicy chicken pizza and a reply from Baudelaire to get the solstix on the way.

Then I’m gonna paw at my window for the coming weeks bark and chase my tail every time the postman comes down the drive

Cola

5 Likes

IGood stuff @anon58740919 got me some popcorn :popcorn: to watch your grow in progress…
Have you any seedlings :seedling: up yet ?
Happy growing bud,
Gaz

3 Likes

Not been having much luck with my little germers. The sand in my soil mix clumped up and tap roots grew above soil and rotted away. Just leaving the ssdd in the jiffy’s and utilising a members ethos who’s name I can’t remember but LITFA leave it the fuck alone haha. Building the light is really helping with that ha.
Will update on the jiffy’s tomorrow. Darkness has fallen and looks like roger the alien landed in my shed if i unzip the tent. :joy:

4 Likes

I think @ReikoX was selling drums of LITFA cheap haha

5 Likes

What’s the shipping though lol

1 Like

Yes it’s an all new tonic. Don’t use too much, it’s powerful stuff! Free shipping, while supplies last.

7 Likes

@Robin inspired me with the sonoff WiFi timer switches in his room.

They do a 4 channel din rail mountable switch. Meaning nice tidy wires on my light build and can set my schedule from my sofa. Ordered that even though I have 3 drivers on my build so far. It’s the perfect opportunity to add some far reds at a later date should I wish to. Hope it works out. Definitely an avenue worth investigating further at £23

5 Likes

Saturday morning. My 1 year old not even woke up yet and I hear a knock at the door. So I open it wearing the mrs pink leopard print dressing gown to a Hermes chap holding the hlg150- 24a. Please @Baudelaire let me send you money lol

7 Likes

Evening folks. Hope you’re all well.

Managed to give @Baudelaire my money finally. I’d like to thank him for his patience with my impatience and for holding the solstix until I was able to pay. I’ve been told I’m looking at Friday next week to receive them. Should be a good week or 2 of parcel deliveries coming.

I got a little taster package today of 100 m5 x 10mm Allen head bolts. Face lit up…wish I was joking there :upside_down_face:

I’ll keep you posted

Cola

1 Like

Solstrips/sinks need m3x.5 just FYI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah and so do citilieds brother I’m way ahead of you haha. T sliders. M5 x 1mm Allene heads hold the entire frame together. Plus a few washers. A fair few washers ha

1 Like