Cola's gallery of the shit he makes. That doesn't clutter his grow thread

I’m going to use this space to post photos. ideas. Nonsense that may be useful one rainy day in 2047. Stay locked for regular updates you entire palladium full of 3 people that are genuinely interested.

You know who you are

10 Likes

points to self and says “Stop it”

I wonder how many kinky people giggled.

3 Likes

I did and then some.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice to see a new face here @JaxxMunster welcome bro

welcome bro

1 Like

Some pics from just now in the shed. (As tidy as it’s getting) tidy wires. A few more to do but all being wrapped and strapped out the way. Time for a spliff and fried Chicken

7 Likes

Oh it’s more than three brother, lol.
That sol/cob hybrid has got my ears perked up and eyes “locked” if you don’t mind the company

3 Likes

Yup looking good bro!

1 Like

Definitely don’t mind the company at all.

Now I fired up the cobs to test got about 2 seconds of light and heard a pop. So I’m gonna chase every cunting wire with my multimeter and find the culprit. Long and short of it is. It’s either gonna be a £5 or £50 fix. Hopefully the first. I may slack those nuts off a touch too and check we haven’t got a short somewhere.

2 Likes

WhatsApp conference with @Jellypowered I owe you another lunch bro. Burnt cob replaced and one that just didn’t look right to me also replaced. Cost of my haste £10. I can deal with that

There’s the culprit

4 Likes

Same pic twice lol

And it weren’t no thang lol. Saved you hours of frustration, not bad for tech support across the pond lol

2 Likes

I used the same pic twice to highlight what to look for as it took a while to spot. No I joke I’m just high haha.

And definitely quality tech support for the distance. Definitely need you on the team lol

4 Likes

so why did it fry its not fixed until you figure that out.

1 Like

I have a feeling it was due to hasty hookup. Between rushing through soldering everything up and brute strength upon mounting, it developed a direct short. Walked him through using a meter to test for shorts and there was only one that tested bad.

I also had him adjust his drivers voltage down until tomorrow when he has time to check the voltage output on his driver. He should be at no higher than 288v when it’s all said and done (8x36v)

2 Likes

I dont have 8 chips on there bro. I have 10 lol. So that would technically be 10x36v. But it’s a constant current driver. I’m pretty sure it’s that that’s adjusted isn’t it.

@Pedro_Bann when I was connecting the test driver after setting the wires. The last in series kinda snagged on its way in. I’m presuming that’s what made it pop bro. We are still at the building and testing stage at the moment and not every step can go well unfortunately. And I’ll take a bit more care next time definitely.

Jellys been a legend troubleshooting. Teaching me a thing or 2. That I’m gonna have to learn for college/uni work too

1 Like

Cc drivers still have two pots don’t they? one for voltage and one for current iirc. So 360v max didn’t remember there being 10 cobs lol my bad.

It’s still a really good idea to check output voltage with your meter, but I’m about to pass out since I finally made it home.

I’ll check in after I wake up :slight_smile:

1 Like

No just a single pot bro. The strip drivers have 2 though. Voltage and current. Cc fluctuates voltage to steady current iirc. And definitely 10 on there. I didnt call you on the 8 last night because I had issues with 2 at that point lol

1 Like

Hearing a pop when turning on COBs is one of my fears. Glad you got it sorted! :thumbsup: :seedling:

3 Likes