Collecting pollen from Males question

I acquired a super freak male that I flipped about .2.5 weeks ago. I am not ready to step into genetics quite yet but wanted to collect the pollen from later use as freak show is a freaky looking strain.

I plan on cutting branches off from the top down and putting the pollen pods in a open baggy to let them dry out and collect the pollen.

How close do you think I am to doing this at this point? Really need the tent space soon. Ignore the dates on the photo I Havent set my t&d on my microscope yet.

6 Likes

It looks like some of the flowers have opened already. Those looks strange and I’m guessing it’s the freakshow.

Supafreak has Freakshow in it

How much long do you think I should let it go before it would be good to chop and bag?

1 Like

I’ve only done it a few times(reversals). I pull each flower off and dry them in a small container with desicant, then after a few days I smack it around to get the pollen out of the flowers. I find the first flowers don’t have any or much pollen, could just be the reversed females. You can probably do it now or within the next few days, maybe stick the cut stem into water to keep it alive longer.

2 Likes

10-fo i appreciate the info. First time i have never done this before and I am going to head into genetics soon but I didnt want to pass up this male as it will add character to strains for sure.

1 Like

If theyre dropping some good dust you’re good to go… Just chopped my male and used a trim bin to sift and make sure none of the actual plant matter got in with my fresh pollen. from there I let it sit at 35-40% rh of the house for a few days to make sure it was good and dry. from there into cryo tubes I put into a container and into the freezer for long term. could use desiccant if you desire probably a better option. any way good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Anything special you have to do when you pull it out of the freezer before you use it?

forgot to mention… let it get to room temperature. condensation will be your enemy so do not open until it’s come to room temp!

1 Like

If you got a minutes scroll through my Sour Bubble thread. There are daily updates with the plants so you can see the progression and time lines. I collected over 1/4 lb of pollen in that run.

5 Likes

Will do thank you!

1 Like

No problem. There is a giveaway going on towards the end of the thread too in case you wanted to sign up.

2 Likes

2022-08-06 12_57_58-IMG_7508.HEIC ‎- Photos

Well unknown to me there was a orgy going on thru 1 tent, one wall and vent system, and thru another tent with the in take on the opposite side…

yeah I would say the freak show is pollinating now…

I give you Phreaky Dreams. [Blue Dreams/Freakshow]

and up on deck… Phreaky Runtz

5 Likes

Here is the guilty party right here…

He thinks he such a big stud now… continuing to collect pollen sacs… should be done tomorrow…

3 Likes