Is this pollen ready to start capturing? advice, please

I’ve read to wait for pollen to become more yellow, less green. White pollen is dusting some leaves & the first flowers are dropping. Have read to ignore the first ones. ??

I’d like to catch it all in a zip-loc bag & refrigerate it, catching some each day for a couple of weeks. Then use it selectively on this years ladies.

thanks for your help.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

you can start capturing all the ones that are staring to open.

10 Likes

Not sure if I would pack directly into plastic, maybe a paper envelope would be a better choice

4 Likes

Not yet, this male is in the state of your females when the flowers are “ping pong balls”. You don’t want to smoke that, so you don’t want to use the pollen of their brothers the same way. Mnemonic trick yeah, i guess ^^

2 Likes

cut a brach and put it in a glass of water inside. put a piece of glass or mirror underneath. ( no draft area) when the pollen is ready it will fall on the mirror and you can scrape it up to save it or use it.

6 Likes

A image is worth a 1000 word

a close up

Bare

11 Likes

I agree.

6 Likes

Yes! what @Viva_Mexico and @Barefrog said/showed. . .and from the looks of it it’s already popped and pollinated any females around it

3 Likes

Hola Gang

My Female are out door
I visit that room to gather
the polen then leave and
the place is secure with
curtain.

I usually collect every 2 days
then place in a small paper
pouch then put the pouch
in a small plastic bag with dessificant
all that is in a metal can with more
dessificant in the fridge.

Label with strain and date
make many small bag is
better then to put all in
in bag.

Mine usually last 2 yrs.
anyway after 2 yrs there
is none left.

Enjoy

Bare

4 Likes

thanks for all of your responses. i guess the word of the day is: pollen. :smile:

i’m going to cover my beginner-ass by cutting off & isolating some indoors, leave some just to ripen a bit more, and there’s no worries (here, at least) about my garden getting some pollination(nothing’s got much pistil action :gun:), my indoor stuff is all veg/clone, and other growers, well, TS. :imp:
(I won’t leave much outdoor, fwiw).

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Hola @cannabissequoia

All you need is 1 pistil and Bingo

its a prego Mon ami.

';+)

Bare

4 Likes

i’m also going to shower the plants with a garden hose, wash down the area.

i thought about taking a picture of my once-black t-shirt :astonished: from my first day as a pollenchucker. :wink:

:evergreen_tree: BOG’s dude is horny

3 Likes