Colored pistils.. which strains?

I just thought of a follow up question, any strains that the males have colored flowers? Other than yellow that is

I agree on both accounts. Had an outdoor PR from Ace that did it and a Dirty Girl hybrid with neon pink…!(upload://xbsQHOmQqQNIoRQwhfXIDDkk7yz.jpeg)

4 Likes

My PR’s went 7’ indoors in 3 gallon and had tops like Nerf footballs. The 6 month cured tops are dark red, think I have a pic somewhere…if not I’ll grab one next time I step out for a smoke. Wasn’t real crazy about taste and potency. Especially with an early cure. Now it has a lemon and pine taste with a good cure. Still not very strong but my tolerance is off the chart these days. Takes a real heavy hitter to get a ‘three hit and quit ‘ joint anymore…:metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

A lot of Pakistani kush genetics have either pink pistils or pink/red/purple calyxes

3 Likes

Yup. Bright orange or red usually hold their color thru drying, but everything else disappears.

2 Likes

This is a soma lavender. Hairs dry to a deep burnt orange color.

10 Likes

Purple unicorn has purple balls :joy:

1 Like

Is that from the seed run?!

1 Like

Serious 6 from serious seeds half the plants in flower will have brilliant red pistils. Sadly the color goes away when dried :frowning: I even made f1s of my 2 reddest ones and somehow that didn’t increase the phenotype. Still was about 50 percent.

2 Likes

I’ve grown a few plants inside with colored pistils.

First up is @Strayfox’s Dragonslayer x Blue Cali-Yo testers, with pink pistils mostly on the middle and lower half of the plant:

They dried to a nice burnt orange / fiery red:

The next was Jabberwocky x MACF1 (not cap’s cut, but a male found in an F1 pack) made by @doniawon that were yellow/green, no white pistils on the whole plant:

Dried to a normal orange:

8 Likes

Yes sir , gave my buddy a clone to grow out for the summer and she was really pretty come fall.

1 Like

MK bag seed male ,these were regs. None have hermied thru 14 plants and stress out the arse.

5 Likes