Commercial cbd farming questions

a friend wants me to help him get started growing Commercial cbd. My concerns are not really the growing part, its the sale of the crop. I’m in Minnesota, and I’m not sure where to sell and what they are expecting. Most info I can find is for industrial hemp. Lots of plants grown super close together for fiber.

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone who is farming for commercial cbd production?

4 Likes

I work on the side for a cbd hemp farm and weve been selling for like 150/pound for rough trimmed flower and i think 700/pound for kief, finding people to buy it local has been a challenge and most of it was all sold in the last month or two because the market was so saturated where i live in the north east US … I honestly dont know how my boss finds buyers. Mostly its people with the intention of extracting the cbd but the flower smokes smooth and tastes good so some people have been buying it as smokeable… Sorry i cant answer your specific question on how to get rid of it but if you need any procedural advice i might be able to help more

2 Likes

We are starting with one acher and see how thing go. I just want to get a much info as possible before we make a big investment. I don’t want to get stuck with a bunch of cbd that I can’t get rid of.

1 Like

I get smokable hemp high CBD from a place down in Colorado Springs major hemp farm check them out online and see if ya can get some good info

2 Likes

I think they have tours by appointment now due to COVID-19

3 Likes

I’ll check them out, thanks. It’s about a 20 hour drive, so I think a tour wouldn’t work. :slight_smile:

1 Like