Industrial Hemp anyone growing it

Good Day all this may not be the place to ask

if it needs to be moved please move it :slight_smile:

I ask here because the world has been growing hemp without

us here in the USA

I am in upstate New York and we have lots of farming here

but the Hemp I see being grown here is 3 or 4 foot tall at best, not sure where you

get any value in fiber from a short plant

also I am looking for heavy seed production for oil (as in cold pressed Hemp oil)

I am not sure what I am looking for but I know someone in our great community will :slight_smile:

so if you grow Hemp or know about growing it

help a brother out

Dequilo

8 Likes

About 4 hours north (53rd parallel), we have huge hemp fields. Was driving by one and had to stop. They were about seven feet tall in mid-summer. Grew straight up like an arrow…almost looked like a miniature bamboo forest.

6 Likes

:wink: a lot of 3-4’ plants here too-- it just shows up later in the harvest :rofl: :joy: :point_right: :dollar:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I have a farmer that someone has been trying to get into the CDBs

I have known him forever and buy hay for my livestock from him

I have just started talk with him about growing for fiber,oil and CDBs

I only want to do a test acre to see if it pays for itself

and he is straight fly right citizen and farmer

so the paper work is easy for him :slight_smile: for me not so much :frowning:

also I want to grow weed outside here so i do not need Hemp males here

looking at these

but just starting to think about how to make it work

all the best and be free

Dequilo

4 Likes

It grows around me pretty well lol, Iv purchased hemp CBD in the past that’s been lightly seeded and have shucked it from nugs haven’t grown any out yet to maturity have 2 in soil right now along with Sebring’s revenge

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:

I need to find out how many pounds of seeds an acre ?

how to plant? till and broadcast?

Harvest with a sickle bar?

for me there are a lot of unknowns but it might be a retirement plan

be safe and be well

Dequilo

3 Likes

Don’t know a lot about the plants cbd content this was one plant that was growing about a mile from me this year. Lots of hemp farmers in my area .

2 Likes

I believe @Sebring has a pretty decent background knowledge of hemp CBD my guess is that the fields around here are used for oil this year, last year they were really tall plants in the fields so I imagine that was for fiber

2 Likes

that is a lot of seeds :slight_smile:

I did that with a Thai plant years ago outside :slight_smile:

the buds made block weed look seedless

be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

I am looking for that, the oil I want to do can run the farmers tractors and the leftovers

from pressing can be feed to livestock

all the best

Dequilo

2 Likes

I’ve heard around here the market is saturated not sure if there is any truth to that or not.

2 Likes

On a small scale I’d think Manual labor would be the way to harvest I think the big harvesting machines are far and few in between and have a hefty price tag to them

Oh, yeah, it’s true…Everyone and their Brother’s cousin’s step-daughter’s Mother-In-Law jumped on the Hemp craze, saturated the market, not enough processors and, prices tumbled. I know many growers who just left it in the field after they cut it down…no market!!!The Big Companies already had suppliers lined up. I certainly would check with @Sebring for assistance. Good Luck, Bro, it really sounds doable for your purposes. Regardless, do take care, stay EXTRA safe and, be well…mister :honeybee:

2 Likes

for fiber? I know every farm I see here appears to be growing for

CDBs

most have not made it over the winter to plant next year and the ones around me

that planted this spring were gone by the end of June

so I am not sure but it would appear that their business model

had a flaw

as I told a person here in real life

just because it smells and tastes like GG#4 and has no THC and full CDB

does not make worth 12 dollars a gram

I wanted to rent a field to grow weed as the locals were already conditioned to it not being weed

but the farmers was afraid he would get busted :frowning:

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

Around here there using old combines the older the better I’ve heard . Doesn’t take them long to munch up a field .

1 Like

The Farmer I want to work with is a hay farmer now but was a dairy farmer

so he has lots of farm equipment

his farm is a 7th generation farm here in New York

so he does know farming, which is a big plus

and we are talking about growing a weed

Dequilo

3 Likes

Not quite sure but I suspect there for CBD also but I believe that’s where the money is at

Aurora has several fields close by also a processing plant close as well . Last I’d heard they combine it pack it in large carts and haul to the plant from there it gets ground and pressed into bricks from there it gets shipped to a plant in the eastern provinces for final processing and packaging .

Hers some pictures of there latest operation fencing and security cameras for the field grows there doing outdoors.

3 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:

so the big roll bales are Hemp?

we have those type of balers

1 Like

No I don’t believe they are I think they were using them to thaw the ground when putting the fence up . It’s processed very similar to grain it gets run into the combine then augured from the combine to large carts I’m thinking it’s consistently is similar if your ran buds through a food processor .
I’ve talked with a farmer that contract grows for them and he said the combine has to be cleaned often and they chip huge blocks of hash out that gets built up in the hoppers of the combine. Supposed to be hard on the combine processing it I guess that’s why older machines are used to harvest it. I’d told him this fall if he whittles a large brick of hash out to save me a couple pound block so far I haven’t seen it.

4 Likes