(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

Yeah it just needs a thresher unit to break up all the bud, I got some simple ideas for one that uses a small bucket with dc motor with speed control mounted up through the bottom, a bit like a blender except instead of blades using a short length of weed eater chord. If you cut holes in the bottom of the bucket and cover the holes with a 4mm mesh, then you should be able to ‘blend’ it so that the seeds remain intact and fall through the bottom along with the broken up chaff which can then go through the seed cleaner. One day I’ll make it lol.

1 Like

I’m outta likes @slain but that sounds pretty badass ! Might could even make a off grid version that runs off a small motor might have to gear it down but I bet it would be very efficient :slight_smile: PS or maybe a trolling motor yeah that would work

1 Like

Yeah it shouldn’t need a lot of power, the speed control is so you can adjust it so you don’t smash up the seeds while still breaking it all up . You can buy the speed controllers online for next to nothing, that way you don’t need to worry about gearing the motor. Put a funnel under it and then the whole lot could drop straight into the cleaner.

1 Like

I’m outta likes but I think you’re on to something! :slight_smile: Sounds cool

1 Like

Smoking one of the buds from my second tent. The bud is busting with seeds but still was really smooth and had a nice kick. I am both surprised and delighted. Even got a bit of hash from the trim bin when I trimmed the 2 plants tonight.

47 Likes

I indulged and zoomed in. Froooooooosty bro! Much love

1 Like

Ohhhh. From Doc?

1 Like

One was from doc and one is a feminized BMR from Blimburn.

2 Likes

…and how close do they compare? The BK’s

1 Like

Don’t know. Had them hanging since a week ago Friday when I went on holidays. Just pulled them down and did some trimming on them tonight and tossed them into grove bags till they are finished being trimmed. Have not tried the Blimburn yet. When comparing I like to do it one day at a time so I start from zero in my system.

8 Likes

Cool. Anxious to hear your thoughts on Doc vs Known BK. Once its all said and done.

3 Likes

Those trim bins sure are a handy thing to have. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In the end I got a nice buzz from the plant from doc and not one cough so it’s a win either way in the end no matter what strain it is. It’s oozing seeds though, so it might be worth regrowing for bud. The other Blimburn plant is BMR so I can pass those seeds out as BMR, just not in the Co-op. As long as folks know the source of the female.

9 Likes

Yeah, I never had one until last year but I will never not use one going forward. I have gotten Grape Punch, Sour Bubble, Blue Kush and now BMR hash. It’s a beautiful topper for a bong or addition to a joint.

11 Likes

I agree, you can get quite a bit even from seeded material from working in those trim bins.
Definitely worth having! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey you Blue Moon Rocks fans, got some news. Did a bunch of sorting yesterday and started filling packs for the Co-op. I probably cleaned 10 % to 15 % of what I have and managed to fill 140 packs. Just 10 to go and the Co-op will be covered. My goal of fulfilling the Co-op and having a nice pack of seeds for each donator is now achieved as far as I am concerned so very happy. I will toss up the sign up soon, just can’t do it on my phone, too painful, lol. Keep an eye on the thread and you will see the activity when the signup goes live. Have a great day OG and thanks for sticking with me on this journey. :v:
20230712_214704

80 Likes

Hell yea, so excited… can’t thank you enough @DougDawson. Highlight of the year for sure

7 Likes

Thanks bud, been one hell of a journey for sure.

11 Likes

You said it! I am having a hard time believing the time is actually here!!
Great job my man, you stuck with it for all us, well done!!

13 Likes

What a beautiful thing to behold, what a wild ride! Great job Doug! :pray:

6 Likes