(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

One that looks nice and isn’t too expensive!

1 Like

Hey folks. So the BMR is still kicking. It’s gone a bit yellow on top and is way to close to the light. I ordered a cloner today, just for the heck of it, and will be chopping the top off this puppy and taking some clones. That will bring it down away from the light. BMR seeds left LA 3 days ago so should hopefully them soon.

45 Likes

That plant is unstoppable now, what kinda cloner did you buy doug?

6 Likes

It’s the one in the pic. Aeroponic Cloner Machine 24 Site for Plant Cutting Rooting Germination Using 2 inch Neoprene Inserts or 2 inch Clone Collars by Hortipots.

12 Likes

How much did the cloner cost?
I always just use water in a solo cup, or stick them straight into soil. Works great for me.

3 Likes

It was $160. I keep reading you get roots way faster using these as the sprayers below are constantly hitting the roots. We shall see.

11 Likes

Never tried an aerocloner, I have used bubble clones thou but never had any luck with them. Think I might try one of these bad boys

5 Likes

I bought one and they work great. In under 2 weeks I’m getting really established roots

7 Likes

I grew everything aero for years based on DIY builds on the infamous Stinkbud thread on RIU.

Yes you get roots way faster, and you can make a lot of clones. The main problem I would get sometimes was damping off of the stems. Whole runs of clones would turn mushy on the stems. You’ve got to clean/sterilize between runs. Also, I used a short-cycle timer on the pump to keep the res from getting too warm. With the pump running non-stop, the res will warm up to a temp where nasties reproduce quicker…then you get the mushy stem problem.

11 Likes

I can get roots in 1 week at times, but usually 2 weeks using the LITFA method. Depends on the strain.
I am never in a rush for them to root though so that is not a problem for me.

5 Likes

My average is 8 days in my Clone King. No need for the humidity tent and I’m running near 100%from the cloner. Clean everything between cycles, especially the collars, I get a lot of calcium build up but I have rather hard water. Last I checked 350 out of the tap. Maybe my cuts were to small and that’s why soil hadn’t worked for me but I’ve rooted a one inch chunk of stalk with a big fan leaf in my cloner. Oh, I only use a rooting powder, tap water, and an aspirin.

20 Likes

Yes, this is what I read. Check the water temps and find the balance. 15 on, 15 off as a general guideline and tweak according to your environment. We shall see how it goes. Just though I would treat myself.

7 Likes

I specifically got one with a dome. RH is very low here in winter and my tents are full so I figured this would help some.

3 Likes

I have the same cloner. Mine branded by vivosun but it’s available under many. I don’t have that humidity dome however… cool.

8 days or so is my average also.

BMR looking great

3 Likes

I’ve always been off the mind “Better to have and not need, than need and not have” so I get it. Everyone told me I’d need to mist my cuts till their roots get going, IME, there’s no need, but that’s down here in Oklahoma.

5 Likes

Yeah, many cloners say you don’t need one but I specifically got one just in case. Figure why not and it’s an added layer of protection if my Cat somehow manages to get his leaf addicted ass near them, lol.

7 Likes

I keep my clones free of domes/bags all year around, I am sure humidity would speed the rooting process. The added cat protection is a great feature! :laughing:

If I leave the tent open, and my orange cat is around she will drink the water from the clone cups. :joy_cat:

My black cats like to remove the clones from the water. :smirk_cat: Little bastards.

10 Likes

Also for those curious, this is in a 0.81 gallon/ 3.09L pot. I would have up potted it but when I got sick I ended up skipping that. Doing pretty good for such a small pot.

7 Likes

Just over a month into my first BOG plant and that BMR has 7 and 9 finger leaves already and fatty one’s it’s not gonna compare to yours but it’s doing good !

crazy how those leaves are Happy cloning… Other 2 are Blue Tara F3s from Oldjoints and the ones really slow compared to the other one at the top of the second picture but 2 different types of leaf structures!

18 Likes

Looking good man.

1 Like