(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

Thanks @BigMike55 and @ShiskaberrySavior . Duly noted.

3 Likes

Yep, i recently learnt it the hard way :disappointed:

2 Likes

Just a quick proof of life, lol.

44 Likes

Looks like a beast in there waiting to blow up. Did you get that cloner fired up yet?

4 Likes

images (5)
Gonna need a stronger tent to hold that bad boy in

5 Likes

No, had to do a big clean up in the house today, toss out an old fridge and sort out Christmas dinner with the kids finally. Also had a bunch of mailing to catch up on. Now my backlog is cleared it will happen soon. Got to finish packing the Veterans day giveaway seeds from Canada and mix more nutes for my current plants. Should be any day now. Never enough hours in the day.

38 Likes

Very beautiful Doug. I know you’re proud of that one.

6 Likes

Is it me or does she look a a bit like a green Robbie the Robot? Looks amazing Doug!!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you finally got to enjoy Christmas with the family brother!
I know you’re a busy dude and there
Never seems like enough hours in a day. Glad you got to feeling better though!

1 Like

Isn’t that the truth the days just fly by. Mailing out seeds alone is almost a full time job let alone all the other things needing doing. . Keep up the good work .

5 Likes

Brought to mind a couple quotes
"“Were it not for the leaping and twinkling of the soul, man would rot away in his greatest passion, idleness.”
And
"“Inaction will cause a man to sink into the slough of despond and vanish without a trace.”
Hapi

4 Likes

That’s a monster you have there. It’s gonna reach up into your lights.

3 Likes

What an amazing plant and in such a small pot, is that due to the the coco medium mate?

2 Likes

Well, coco and regular feeding. That’s the main thing to dial in for smaller pots. Just look at my Blue Kush that are in the same 0.8 gallon pots.

35 Likes

Wow! Beast mode! Kudos on a hellova grow.

1 Like

Ok thanks brother, I really must try a coco grow now I’m confident with soil/perlite. Good to hear you’re well again, must have been hard with your workload.

1 Like

Thanks bud. Doing much better now.

5 Likes

Hoping to pick your brain if you’re feeling magnanimous. Have you ever used capillary mats with coco? I have these mesh produce bags, holds about 1.5gl of material. I’m considering using those with coco only on mats, watering controlled by blue mat surface. My thinking is that set up would create a nice cone shaped saturation zone tapering up from the bottom for the roots to grow into. There wouldn’t really be a typical wet-dry cycling, the plants would just plug in drink what they want. Any thoughts on a set up like this?

2 Likes

I don’t know about that. With coco it’s kind of important to feed to runoff to remove salt buildups so not sure Bluemats would be the best. Also when you drain to runoff you should be removing the runoff. I would think capillary mats would collect the salt buildup and be feeding the plants the waste which does not sound like the best of ideas. That setup seems to go against the basic principals of using coco as a medium. You could always try it with a plant or two to see how it worked out.

5 Likes

Here is our lone BMR tonight awaiting it’s haircut and some family. Hopefully we can help it out soon :wink:

34 Likes