(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

It’s a risk reward thing man. They kind of need to actually grow before there is anything to sprinkle magic dust on and it’s not like they are giving me any options at this point. Unless they start showing some normal signs of life their fate is sealed. I too want them to get better, probably more than anyone, but I won’t risk what has been the longest and worst run of my life over some plants that look so bad.

3 Likes

I was talking about the gold seeds . Once you get those sprouted

1 Like

Oh those, in that case I agree 100%. They are Blue Moon Rocks so it’s a no brainer to seed them. Since I don’t know how narrow the genetics were used to make them I would not mix those seeds with any others made as I would prefer to keep the ones made by the F1’s as our genetic building blocks for the future but the seeds would still be BMR and still worth having IMO. I though you were speaking of the sickly 6, lol.

7 Likes

No I’m guessing you’ll be scrapping those if they don’t improve fairly quick . Look like hemp seedlings ?

2 Likes

So just a quick pic of the plants. Now back to packing seeds, lol.

25 Likes

I see you have a mist style humidifier in the tent. I had always heard to stay away from those because of them turning the water into mist and having mineral deposits on the plant. I know some people use distilled or RO water in them to prevent that, is that what you do? Have you had any issues with white powder residue from it? Your plants are always amazing looking and I’m fighting a very dry winter so I could use an extra humidifier in the tent if you’re not noticing issues. Thanks for any advice you have on them.

2 Likes

It has not caused me any issues at all over the few grows that I have had it.

2 Likes

Do you fill it with tap water or distilled? Sorry for the 20 questions.

2 Likes

It’s a regional water quality issue. The dissolved solids in some peoples tap water is less than 100ppm and other people’s tap water can have 450ppm. If you need to run your tap water through a RO machine you will most likely see some form of deposits accumulating over time if you don’t use filtered/distilled/ro water in your humidifier. If your tap water has low dissolved solids you won’t have any issues putting it in your humidifier directly from the tap

2 Likes

No worries at all. It’s as @herojuana.tom says. My tap water comes through at about 120ppm and does not seem to cause any issues. I actually have an RO system but I don’t use it. After hooking it up and realizing how much water it wastes I decided not to bother.

8 Likes

Mine is well water with lots of iron from the mountain but it’s only around 125-130 ppm so it sounds like I’d be good. Think I’ll try it in my veg tent first and then think about adding one to the flower room if needed. Thanks for the help guys.

4 Likes

This is exactly why I labelled everything I got from him in my notes with his initials. In this case if anything I have has (DG) next to it it’s essentially saying (?). Really bummed to see my suspicions playing out, specially in this grow which has already had enough setbacks without this type of nonsense. Sorry you had to deal with that @DougDawson.

7 Likes

For the guys worried about water. I ordered one of these for my drinking water. Super easy to install. I use it for the humidifier also. I believe city water should be filtered for health reasons. These will take your ppm all the way down to 2.
iSpring RCC7AK, NSF Certified 75 GPD, 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis System, pH+ Alkaline Remineralization RO Water Filter System Under Sink, Superb Taste Drinking Water Filter
I wish I’d have bought one 20 years ago. They only take about 30 minutes to install. The water tastes like nothing like it should.

4 Likes

I use the Hydrologic Stealh 300. Same deal, super simple to install and will do 300 gallons per day. It’s great for drinking water but I don’t use it for my plants due to the amount of water it wastes.

9 Likes

I used to filter the heck out of my water… bro science makes the claim that we should get rid of chlorine and chloramines or they will negatively affect our grows and I once believed that hype… but I noticed I was getting just as good results using tap water as the RO water and now I add hypochlorous acid to my res… a primary component of chloramine… and have even better results than I ever have had before so I am not afraid of chlorine or chloramines in my nutes. I am lucky to have pretty good tap water though. Of course, if I had hard water I would definitely condsider using RO.

6 Likes

That’s even better!

1 Like

Yeah I have hard sulfuric smelling well water, I wonder if those would help purify enough to where I could drink it I hate buying all my drinking water. Plants don’t seem to mind though

4 Likes

Definitely! If your water has an odor you should at a minimum run it through something like an ice cube filter or a brita-style filter before you drink it :thinking::dizzy_face::nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I would think so. I actually misspoke, it’s the RO 300 I have so it does 300 gallons per day. Here is what they say.

Our Stealth-RO300 comes with the upgraded KDF85/granulated catalytic carbon filter already installed. Perfect for hydroponic gardens requiring up to 300 gallons a day of pure reverse osmosis (RO) water.

• Produces up to 300 GPD (gallons per day)/12 GPH (gallons per hour) of ultra-pure, low PPM water (Flow rates of RO systems are based on source water @ 65 psi/77°/500 ppm)
  • Reduces bacterial contamination, heavy metals, chloramines, chlorine, sulfur, and iron
  • Removes up to 98%+ of all contaminants
  • 50% water savings over similar RO filters with your choice of 1:1 or 2:1 ratios
  • Same great price as previous model!
  • The #1 selling filter in gardening and hydroponics for 15+ years

So it says it removes sulfer, along with may other things. I didn’t realize until I snagged a pic of it. The 150 has one membrane and my 300 has 2.

15 Likes

Yeah I have tried to drink it and it turned my stomach lol. But yeah I might eventually get one of those filters, I guess I always feared spending money on one and needing some bigger badder whole house filter thing.

3 Likes