(complete) BOG Blue Moon Rocks repro growing under a Mars FC 8000

Thanks bud. Yeah, I am not one to waste a plant if I can help it. They were so bad I was ready to just kill them but morbid curiosity will not allow it, lol. While due to their provenance they can’t be included in the run as a whole they may still find their place in it. If they look like the other BMR in the end I will pollinate them and just keep the seeds separate. Then when I give them to folks they will be able to decide by the pics if it’s something they want to toss in their garden.

10 Likes

I think at a certain age, leaf identifiers and stem rub comparisons will speak for themselves :slight_smile:

After you posted BOGs’ book a couple days ago, I read through it and based on his own pics, I think the sour bubble looks better than the bmr :wink: not saying I don’t want access to ALL of his stuff, but I base everything on pics and names!

Ah but the BMR is half BOG Bubble. It’s BOG Bubble crossed with Blue Moon :slight_smile: Honestly this is not really as much about the strain itself but just keeping all of BOG’s original genetics around. Also this strain has kicked my ass. 3 packs of seeds and 1 plant. I have never seen anything like it so I can’t let it go. I will reproduce these seeds and that’s just a fact, lol. I got enough good plants going that I will be able to accomplish my goal and from there, well who knows what hunting through the F2’s could lead to. Might just be the next big thing, lol. :v:

25 Likes

I’ve read the whole thread! I was on the edge of my seat watching you try to pop seeds! I’m in my third grow and have never thought about it being difficult, but thinking back… First run, 2/3 to harvest, second run was fine (4/4 to harvest), third and current run 4/4ish. Two look like shit so I’m thinking about just pulling them and starting something new before I waste time for them to bed terrible… So maybe it isn’t super easy :joy: I believe in you @DougDawson

Edit: that deserves a like for the preservation. I’ll slide back through when I have more!

4 Likes

So good to see these babies going strong for you @DougDawson! Persistence is key, no one can say you didn’t give it your all to get thos project to the finish line. It’s inspiring bud :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Here’s a strain description from the man himself….

26 Likes

Yes that’s right, BOG Bubble, not Sour Bubble.

5 Likes

Just a quick update today. The fab 5 are doing well.

The 4 fems are looking good.

And the mutants are pulling their shit together. Well all but one which is pretty sad still.

38 Likes

The first ones are busting loose, yer right, look’s like the mutant’s are growing out of their funky pattern. Fingers crossed for a happy ending :joy: not that kind.:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Whoa, I had no idea of the lineage on this one, subcool mentioned the micanopy moonbeam in his potcast episode but never mentioned he ever bred with it, very cool!

5 Likes

Hey OG. Didn’t get to my update yesterday. Picked up 2 bags of coco and some more GH Bloom nutes. For some odd reason something kicked my ass last night leaving me feeling cold and exhausted all night. Oh well, today’s a whole new day so got to shake it off as I got work to do. Here are the BMR as of yesterday. Found one of the fem cups sitting on its side yesterday morning and the seedling made a sharp 90 deg turn towards the lights, lol. Put the cup upright and the thing corrected itself by the time I got home. Have a great day OGers.

55 Likes

Hope ya feel better quick @DougDawson. Thanks for he update. The whole BMR Odessey seems to be about stamina and perseverance. Excited about whatever those two bags of coco are going towards. New projects?

8 Likes

I have a few plants in there that will need up potting, and I like to have an extra bag around. I will shut down for July and Aug to enjoy our short Canadian summer, but when it’s time to start back up in Sept, it’s good to know I got what I need already.

17 Likes

Just tossing in an update. Been a hectic day but will be putting some time in on my plants tomorrow. Feeling better today as well so that’s helpful. Wed and Thurs I was just tired and off for some reason but it appears to have passed. Anyway here is a quick peak at the BMR.

45 Likes

Those are sure looking nice.

1 Like

Thanks man. Been kind of ignoring them for the most part the last couple days but tomorrow they will get some pampering.

2 Likes

They’re taking off! Looking good! How big are you going to take them before you flip? Looking short and squat like BOG genetics do!

1 Like

I will play it by ear. I would like to run them a few more weeks and see how big they get. Will be moving those into my 5x5 soon.

8 Likes

they look strong and healthy! i love the big leaves! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like