(complete) OGer, the Encore

Amazing @Gpaw !

5 Likes

Wow, sounds like you have a solid plan laid out, and got some goals!

Love the preface / prologue / intro… I’ll be pulling up my bucket in the corner to enjoy this show…

7 Likes

Awesome sounds like it’s going to be a great run looking forward to the show

6 Likes

Ooh gonna be a nice run here! Thanks for doing this @Gpaw :heart:

I’ve seen those OGers run out a few times and always beautiful plants! Don’t think it’s master kush x bubba tho. Pretty positive it’s the original OG line, same thing @Heritagefarms is saying…

Either way, I’ll be here for the show! Best of luck on getting 100% germ rate on those beans and some solid plants :wink:

15 Likes

I love that quote @Gpaw, it’s a righteous path and a perfect description of the appeal OG has for me. That is despite the fact that my funky little growroom is completely torn apart for a upgrade at the moment and I won’t even be growing ANYTHING for awhile.

Doing a proper OG seed run is a goal that I aspire to and I fully expect to enjoy the journey along the way.

I’ll pull up a seat and take notes!

14 Likes

Really nice prologue @Gpaw ! Super exsited to follow this run, and thanks @Mongobongo and @Barefrog for helping make this happen :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Looks like some great old genetics come into the future for us, thanks for working to preserve these for the community. :slight_smile:

I can definitely relate on that one… never thought that growing a few 6" plants in my attic would turn into deep dives on genetics, but suddenly I find myself casually discussing sex-linked recessive genes as if it’s something I’ve thought about my whole life. Though of course, my deep diving isn’t even beginning to crack the ice still, just seems deep to me. :stuck_out_tongue: There’s still more to learn, and every day I know a little bit more about how little I really know.

A selected pollination of 10 plants is just as good, or better than an open pollination of 20 plants, so that definitely makes sense. You can’t snap your fingers and create extra space, can you? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been practicing, but haven’t quite managed to get the hang of that trick yet.

9 Likes

I wish you hadn’t written that. Now I can’t stop hearing it.

Seriously though, good setup, and I’ll be following.

6 Likes

There’s an interesting discussion in the previous seed run as to exactly what the genealogy is.
I’m in no position to say - so I went with the ‘official’ position. :grin:
There may be a banana pheno in there as well.

Cheers
G

17 Likes

I am going to be following along.

Sounds like a great plan. 6 girls should provide for many beans! And selecting your 6+4 from 26 means only the better half will procreate!
As other have said, I sure hope I don’t miss the wiki. Good on you for recirculating these genetics!

8 Likes

That right there is the biggest issue I have to work around… :sweat_smile: Especially when I have to segregate the boys…

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Wow, that’s 4 Lbs!
That must have been huge! How well did it do fending off the bugs and mold? Any pictures you would care to share?

Cheers
G

17 Likes

Thanks for that Grouchy, it is been an interesting journey.
I feel for you not being able to grow. I was shut down until October and I was feeling positively ‘itchy’ until I got beans soaking… weird… :crazy_face:

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Heard good things on this one and interested to see what they look like. Thanks to those making this happen. This should have a lot of interest, especially those Canucks that are in the zone for outdoors.

6 Likes

@Gpaw, as I read through the rest of that Prologue, it seems you’ve dropped the incorporation of the Critical 2.0 into the run. Is that correct?

The Critical 2.0 sounds awesome, but running 2 oversized packs of the OGer will keep you plenty busy, and you’ll still have some interesting diversity to work with, and us to pheno hunt with!

9 Likes

Hola Gang

This yr I also grow a patch
of milkweed just next to my
outdoor grow. I highly recommand
that it will attract many predator that
will take care of all the bugs in your
plants.

Having a cage around your plants
and cleaning the inside will go a long
way to prevent mildew.

This is the trunk of my Oger’s
this fall I keep the cage off the
ground to prevent ants colonizing
my plants.
Here’s the plant itself and her
curly buds.

The plants come purple almost
black the longer its stay out in
the fall.

Enjoy the run

Bare

61 Likes

Thanks for doing this @Gpaw! Really happy to see some of the strains that went missing with MOTR being redone.

13 Likes

I’m tuned in for the show. Should be epic!!! There’s no way that these two Allstars cannot provide a good product.
Thanks for the contribution @Barefrog and a huge shout out to @Gpaw for taking on this endeavor. :clap:
The first couple of posts had me locked in.

7 Likes

Great write up @Gpaw sounds like a killer mix of genetics. I’m along for the ride :call_me_hand:t4:

Thanks for doing this and also to @Barefrog & @Mongobongo

Bless

10 Likes

Wow @Gpaw exelent seed run.
Count with me

5 Likes