(complete) OGer, the Encore

Damn it, now I have to find this soil too :joy:
I usually make my own, but I’m also usually lazy too haha
I’ve been using an organic amended coco mix I came up with, but I certainly can’t argue with your results, so I need to find some of that soil in the states so I can try it. :100: :green_heart: :seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

No, you will need to make the contact to your regional distributor for the first time if you have never done it yet.

If you are in the US, then I believe @Sebring will be the US distributor. He’s been dealing with life issues lately and I’m not 100% sure he’s doing it another year… but, someone will.

I’m not sure if it would be best to contact him now, or wait until the seeds are done and @Gpaw is about to send them all out to each distributor. So, just match the distributor of your home country and PM him. It’ll maybe not get out to peeps until Summer, who knows. This is all volunteer work and sometimes life gets in the way of the people trying to make it happen. So, patience is the key. Sometimes they go out fast, and sometimes very slow. Just stay in touch and you only pay the shipping fee to your distrib. just before they go out. peace

6 Likes

Thank you! Just did so. I’m not expecting anything fast, or anything at all for that matter. I just think it’s really cool I can be a part of this!

5 Likes

The Gaia Green is still useful, the KIS mix is mild enough for seedlings so it needs some extras for flower.
I bumped up the flower containers from 3 gallon to 5 as well as adding some extra P & K (not a lot). Anyway that did the trick.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

That’s it and they will come looking for it when they are ready. I’m sure you will pick up on the ‘chatter’ when they are getting close… :smile:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

How does he keep up with everything and manage so many people at once?? Guys a machine lol

Edit: also, do I give the address every time I sign up for one of these? I’m a super noob to doing these so I’m really sorry for the questions and derailment.

2 Likes

This stuff is too good:smile:
I was making my own soil for the last few years. I started out well enough, but I got sloppy by not making it a couple months before I needed it (soil really needs to ‘cook in’) and that was causing some weird and interesting problems.

I know there are a few distributors in the States:

Hopefully you are in reasonable driving range of one.

Cheers
G

10 Likes

No, Just the once, the distributor bundles up what you have signed up for and you get that batch in one package.
When you think of it, it is a heck of a logistics challenge of sorting packaging and mailing. DougDawson has his hands FULL dealing with the Canadian side…
Seabring’s is probably 5 times bigger or more:exploding_head:

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Is it bad that I’m still reading this thread in a max headroom voice?

10 Likes

A sslight ssttutter is optional :vulcan_salute: :laughing:

Cheers
G

15 Likes

Thank you kindly sir :green_heart:

And yeah same thing happened with me when I tried to make Subs super soil
I wouldn’t make it in time to let it sit.
Mostly because I would need to make it in the winter and it’s hard to find the things I needed anywhere on the off season.
But also because I don’t really make any outdoor plans till about Feb/March and by then I didn’t have enough time to let it cook and do it’s thing.

I will check them out and see what I can do thou. Much appreciated ! And thank you for this strain again, I’ve heard many good things about it and can’t wait to see for myself :seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree::green_heart::v:

7 Likes

Hey @Gpaw Hope you don’t mind me posting these here.

I just want to pump everyone up not that they need pumping but these seeds will be a blessing in anybody’s garden. She is 50 days flowering and will probably get the chop in about a week.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

32 Likes

how did you grow her any topping and how was the stretch ?

3 Likes

I topped the ogers I grew last year, they didn’t stretch much, I don’t think the plants got above 30 inches in total height.

8 Likes

Looks like I topped it once, it’s got four nice size colas and a couple side branches. Not a big stretcher With my setup I run 2 315 watt CMH in a 4x8x8 tentso I strip the bottom third of the plant and strip the bottom third of every branch that I leave on then so that I can get some decent size buds it’s grown in organic soil it was subs recipe and I’ve been reusing it for a year and a half :sob: it’s so hot. Going to try LC’s mix as soon as this stuff stops preforming which is getting close. :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

10 Likes

@Shadey @Canofbusjoe thanks for the replys sounds like an excellent sea of green strain

4 Likes

Do you have some photos with the whole plant?
Lets check out that structure! :+1:

{edit} How did you grow it?

Cheers
G

13 Likes

When the lights come on this morning I’ll wash her face (pluck some dead leaves) and pull her out for some photos :joy:

5 Likes

Okay I decided not to take off all the dead stuff so you can see how she’s finishing. She’s never ever really been happy in my subcools super soil mix, it was so hot I’ve been reusing it for a year and a half it’s finally running out of steam. I want to go back to LC’s mix (basically this). I used this 15 years ago the first time I tried to grow. I forgot all about it till @ReikoX reminded me :grin:
Looks like I topped it around the 5th node and I think I vegged them for around a month they were close to 3 ft tall in the bucket when I put them into flower only around 4.5ft tall now. In 3 gal pots. And as you see I stripped most of the bottom.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

25 Likes

Thanks for posting that! It’s cool comparing the structure, she a big lanky girl!
50% stretch that’s good to know. Manifolding them you loose that important bit of info. :+1:

The purple leaves are very similar to 3 out out 4 of my girls.
I have a fourth that’s a green pheno, no anthocyanin at all, oddly the trichome stems are short, maybe half normal length (compared to the other 3).

What size of pot are you using?
Should I have some yo-yos handy when I grow them out (just topping, no manifold)?

Cheers
G

11 Likes