My Perpetual Education 🤣

I Would sure love to compare cuts. But yea, anything international is prob not going to make it with shipping issues the way they are. I’ll be doing a reproduction of the line myself, so I’ll hopefully have plenty of them to hunt through and share. Though, I almost don’t like starting seeds and pheno hunting myself, the backup clones take up too much space, and I already have mothers of over two dozen cultivars (including norcal Dosido and Purple punch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

9 Slurricane next to move into flower in about 2 weeks :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Wow, that will be a tasty run! See, I only have a 3x3 for bloom, only been putting in one of each strain at a time so far :sweat_smile:. Though I do plan on running two of any repeats that I already tried and liked, along with one or two new ones in each batch. Doesn’t help that I haven’t tried like half my current collection.

1 Like

I moved last September and ended up getting out of the crawl space ha :+1: so I bought a cheap $150 4x8x8 and using my old 4x4x5 for vegging but it’s too small lol funny thing is all this space and I just barely got caught up to my smoking habit OMG I have two 315 watt CMH in the 4x8 and 1 315 cmh in the 4x4 1/6 in fan exhausting both tents. I never adjust my lights plants seem to grow towards them lol :rofl:

1 Like

As I reread a lot of this thread I realize how far I really have come. I’m almost to the point where I leave my plants go too long in flower were as in the beginning I took them all too soon. I had great success cloning with a homemade cloner tap water pHed to 5.5 no humidity dome needed, but I just got tired of cleaning and pHing always looking for a simpler way. Now I cut leave it in a glass of water 24 hours straight tap water then out cut on a 45 rooting hormone and into some sort of a peat puck. Tried just about every kind of nutrient and additive out there with not much luck until I tried organic and water only recipe and even then the soil was so hot like I said in an earlier post I’m on my third run in the same soil reusing it and finally the plants are liking it haha. So as usual short story long I’m winning. If you Can’t tell from my rambling this slurricane with a little slurricane scissor hash is pretty damn good. :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

4 Likes

Posted some pics of the 50 day old OGer kush here
She’s gonna come down in about a week.
But this one :arrow_down:

This Sour Strawberry got chopped today 50 days into flower :grin: I don’t want too much couch lock properties :+1:
Ha… just noticed I’m sitting here smoking some scissor hash again lol I could get used to this.
:dash::dash::dash::dash::rofl::v::sunglasses::canada:

8 Likes

So I’ve been running organic subcools recipe for super soil and a lot of my weed gets smoked before a cure. I’ve noticed my slurricane here gets a really black ash when I smoke it. I use water only during the growing process so I know it’s not anything I’m adding but from what I’ve read the bud still retains some sugars and salts and so I’m going to experiment leaving some in the jar for a few weeks to cure and hopefully this is the remedy. I have a 70-year-old friend who’s been there done that lol apparently he knows everything as well he says I have too much fertilizer lol I have to explain to him about organics every time I talk to him, he smokes a lot too.
Any firsthand knowledge or input on this topic would be greatly appreciated. :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

6 Likes

It still burns though right? Doesn’t require 10 ignitions to make it through a fatty?

1 Like

:joy: as long as I’m paying attention and keep smoking it I’m usually smoking it alone so I do have to relight a few times but that’s my fault.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s strain dependent? You grew all the other plants the same way and they burn and leave a white ash? Ever put the ash piles side by side to compare the color?

1 Like

Oh I don’t even have to put them side by side. The slurricane burns black and my white widow burns a light gray almost white. Both treated with exactly the same abuse :joy: I am assuming that some plants are taking different minerals or materials out of the soil. The only issue I have is how to get rid of it haha. The taste isn’t that bad either I’m hoping that just a good old long cure. I used to do a 5 week cure but started smoking with someone who prefers fresh weed so that’s what I’ve been doing. I prefer the cured method and with my 4x8 tent I finally have been able to catch up to that point now. I’ll get some put away.

3 Likes

I also read that I could water cure my buds that would help a lot except that you lose most of the flavor and that’s part of the whole reason I’m growing.
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

2 Likes

The OGer came down today :drooling_face:

What a treat to trim!!
Only 56 days flowering I’m paranoid I’m pushing things I noticed on my sour strawberry there’s a couple of little pollen socks at the end I try to leave things go as long as possible but I hate having seeds in my buds.

:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

9 Likes

Hey what’s that

In the veg tent

It looks like

Trizzlers auto flower from @Mr.Sparkle I forgot in the veg tent :no_mouth:

She got basically abused, dried out a couple times, thrips got to her too. I was able to get rid of them early enough but the damage was already done.

Thanks again bud can’t wait to smoke her :dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

7 Likes

Sounds like what happened to mine. Than the plant sitter killed one and the other was so sad. I should have cut them before I left.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

One healthy happy meat breath baby girl :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::seedling::seedling::seedling:

:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

4 Likes

Slurricane finished day 62 of 12/12.

11/2 plants of 5 chopped today… that’s enough for one day :rofl: the sun is shining

they usually go 65 days but the jars are getting empty :no_mouth:

9 Likes

Soooooooo long story short I don’t have to move so on with the grow :seedling::herb::evergreen_tree:

:arrow_down: GTK Golden Triangle Kush, and SDxSD Sour Diesel x Spacedude
from @DougDawson

:arrow_down: SS Sour Stawberry from a box 2 years ago.
PPP Paonia Purple Paralyzer @DougDawson

the last 2 pictures are the survivors… My last Slurricane, Pura Vida, and White Widow. they got thrips and spider mites in veg so I tied them to a post out side so not to fall over cause they were neglected and 4feet tall in solo cups :no_mouth: i chopped them to next to nothing and sprayed with orthos bug be gone. transplanted now got some clones rooting now so i think i saved em :+1:

more info to come

10 Likes

HOW did them clones work out ? clones cheaper that seeds - I seen one site wer clones were $35.00 at "clone cellar"I think the owner of clone cellar used to be Budget LED ( he couldn’t compete with the big boy so he changed to clones and seeds _ have 2 of his QB all I can say excellant LED’s

Gues it’s legal to send clone thru the mail because it’s --sorry forgot -it’s classification makes it legal

1 Like

I’ve tried two different cuts of slurricane, both very finicky plants. one produced better than the other, but I not what I was hoping for.

3 Likes