Compost tea pump recommendation

my vivosun is loud compared to smaller air pumps I have the 950

1 Like

Which brand is quieter? Do you know? Are you referring to the aquarium pumps?

1 Like

sorry no idea here, i have the vivosun a uniclife and a couple of active aire’s and there all different outputs,the vivosun is by far the biggest and loudest

1 Like

Also, thanks for the recommendation and video. That is super simple to build. I’m probably gonna build 2 while im at it, one for each location.

2 Likes

Nice simple design. Mahalo for that info. :+1:t4:

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

2 Likes

This is some parts of my old one.

12v Air pump.

12v Feeder pump with poly pipe.

Poly pipe. Main feed line.

Spaghetti tubing to adjustable emitters.

7-32v 4 channel wifi relay and small air stone.

And it ran on this homemade solar system I had b4.

Yea I need to make a whole new setup. :rofl:

4 Likes

But damn, that looks like some ingenuity to me man. You got some skills. Most people wouldn’t attempt all that. Props.

1 Like

Much Mahalos (Thanks)

Yeah I dig getting technical i find technology fun especially if it can grow for you.

Had to make a new solar system. Now need to redo everything else.

This is my new homemade solar system.

7 Likes

Nice! My great grandpa was a rock hound, so I can appreciate the geode as well.

3 Likes

Yea my girl gots loads of um I never really seen um till i got with her. But now I dig it. I didn’t even really burn :fire: herb till I got with her too Lol. :rofl: You could say she was an influence on my life Lol :rofl:

3 Likes

If you want to make a ‘compost tea’ I second what @Tommy_McCain said. Buy a pump like he posted - make an airlift brewer. Lmk if questions. :v:

3 Likes

Im convinced of that. I just want to find a pump that will last and not be super loud.

4 Likes

I think the majority of what you are asking really depends on how much you want to spend. You can buy one like Tommy posted for like $25. It will be somewhat loud and should last just fine. If you want really quiet, you could use a pneumatic pump, but bring cash.

3 Likes

another thing you can do to quiet the pump is to put it in a cardboard box

3 Likes

OK, so under 100 bucks or so, they should all be similar.

@Who that’s a good idea, but several of the reviews on the cheaper pumps speak of the pump getting too hot. The box probably wouldn’t help.

3 Likes

maybe , i use cardboard boxes on my fans it does quiet them,

2 Likes

I hang my pump with a bungie cord from my basement ceiling. It does make some noise. I have been told that this design is the best compost brewer design. KIS organics had Tim Wilson (Microbeman on other forums) on the podcast. It was a great listen.
I highly recommend.

4 Likes

Aloha @Tommy_McCain Thanks for the great info. May I ask what the power consumption on the air pump is? Would you know how much Watts it runs on? Could you give me the amps? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Its like 35 watts max I believe.

2 Likes

Dang nice. That ain’t much at all. Thats sounds like the future plan. Thanks again @Tommy_McCain for the great info :+1:t4:

1 Like