Strangeways, here we come (Refugee 2021 Grow)

SquirtleSquad back. New growing spot. New growing style. Strangeways, here we go!

Strain: JOTI Gods Critical
Style: DTW Coco 1gal smartpots
Nutes: Jacks 321 may need cal mag. We will see.
Lights: HTG 600R one 4x4 and Solstrip X2 640w setup on the other 4x4

Only ever grown DWC so expecting mass failure.

15 to start. Hoping to get 8 females so I can have 4 per tent. As you can see they are in dire need of transplant. Was going to tonight but not enough coco.

Wish me luck

15 Likes

Doing home renovations so while my dad is gone for the summer im growing at his house. These are under an HPS right now.

2 Likes

Sometimes I gotta learn what not 2 do first. That’s kinda how I roll, bounce then splat! Then the lesson is learned.
I’m right here with ya. Gonna sit right in front, and munch out. Oh and also, goodluck.

3 Likes

I’m gonna watch this. You shouldn’t need cal mag with the jacks. I’m using masterblend. Are you watering by hand or drip? I’m in a little less than a gallon and water twice a day, I could probably do three but with hand watering I don’t wanna shower and then water that many times a day.

Made me laugh thinking of growing in my parents house while they’re away!

1 Like

Loading the party bong!!
:movie_camera: :popcorn: :couch_and_lamp:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Transferred them to coco tonight.

Used Cyco coco pearl I think it was. Fed them 1.1EC at 5.8pH of Jacks 321 diluted down.

They took about a third of a gallon of water until runoff formed. Man…talk about a pain in the ass hand watering is.

Got 14.5 1gal pots filled with one bag. Good thing I had some leftover coco to fill the last pot with.

Phone died so I couldnt take pictures. But they looked decent for being in a rooter for 3 weeks. They should start taking off now.

3 Likes

Was sent these pictures Monday from my dad. About 5 days being in coco.

Some of them look a bit unhappy.

What pH is everyone doing in coco? Had read 6.0 was better than 5.8

Im setting up a pH doser this weekend and want to keep a constant pH

4 Likes

Looking like they could use some more nutrients. They have grown a lot in the week they have been in coco

4 Likes

Today. Its amazing how much bigger they got in one day. All pretty even as well.

8 Likes

Made some progress on the automation setup this weekend. Need to raise the tables and add in some drainage. Hopefully i can get that done tomorrow.

3 Likes

Not as vigorous growth as DWC, but I think I will be growing this way during the summers moving forward.

Still got a lot to learn. They are getting 1.2EC. Think I need to go higher.

2 Likes

Got my LED light in there. Big differenced compared to HPS. Yes I moved it down.

2 Likes

Not sure if Im feeding enough or wrong pH. They look hungry. Watering twice a day. 5.8pH at 1.4EC but tap is 0.4EC so really only 1.0EC

@HolyAngel

2 Likes

Maybe up the feed? I’m not doing jacks yet, only for the last 2-3 weeks. I have switched my veg to megacrop 2 part tho and I think that’s similar to jacks 321?

I’m doing 1/4 tsp A and 1/2 tsp B(calnit) and 1/4 tsp epsom salt per gallon and it seems to be doing alright so far. pH 5.8 of course.

1 Like

You get a big thumbs up just for a Smith’s reference!!

Looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was wonder ING when someone caught on.

Good news. 200A service is coming in tomorrow. Pool liner coming in Friday. Should a house wide heat pump system installed by mid/late July and I can get back to growing at my house.

Some pics my dad sent last night

5 Likes

Looking even better today in my opinion. Pictures low quality cause they were taken from dads phone.

7 Likes

New 200A service vs old 100A service

7 Likes

YEEE…
HAWWWW>>>>>

yee haw

Cheers
G

2 Likes

They have bushed out badly. Did some training on the ones in the left tent.

My dad bought some red things I help bend the branches. I did the old fashion way on 6 and the 7th one figured id try em out. Not bad. Easy to put on.

Right tent needs some thining. Flipped them to flower today

2 Likes