Compost teas and chlorinated tap water?

Lol. All my OCD regarding this topic comes from running RDWC systems :rofl:

4 Likes

@nube said it best. Nature is strong and resilient.

Spend as much time with the plants as you can while doing nothing. You will begin to understand the language and they will make it easier from there.

Pics ??

2 Likes

I usually hang out for hours with them every day lol
Working on understanding them and being patient.

4 Likes

Ha! Great advice! Sooooo, your telling me I don’t need to have 3 5 gallon bucket’s constantly bubbling in my garage? Anytime anyone comes over to the house and walks through the garage, they always ask ‘ what’s up with the bubbling buckets of water?’

4 Likes

nube is on point! i used to be so anal about dechlorinating the water in general. then i did a few side by side tests and saw there was no difference lol. its one of those weird internet dogma things that never really made any sense. but ive noticed any easily googled info on anything organic growing tends to be SEO written, and completely lacking any real experience or advice.

6 Likes

It might depend on how heavy they chlorinate your water. I’ve never tried doing two side by side but chlorinated water has never given me trouble when making a brew :+1:

3 Likes

lol don’t be so dramatic! You’re talking like tap water is a disinfectant :joy:

3 Likes

I agree totally for soil. When I was doing primarily RDWC i noted a HUGE DIFFERENCE from before the filtration and after the filtration.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I recommended to my granddaughter when she started her grow. She ended up going seed to harvest using bottled water. It was still cheaper than dispensary schwag I guess…

3 Likes

great point! i am but a simple dirt farmer so i can only comment on that. those fancy dwc buckets are more than my smooth brain can comprehend :rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl: I would try DWC except I know I’d get lazy and kill everything eventually.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are on your way. Remember that the next grow will benefit. They look ready for transplanting.
Grow on
Peace

1 Like

Bro i am super dramatic😂

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice eveyone

I use a gravity res with my Blumats, and just pour in water from the tap. I think the de-chlor thing, unless you live with seriously contaminated water, is mostly hype/myth

3 Likes

For me use tap water after letting it set out for 24hrs (de-natured) . never no issues

2 Likes

I use vitamin C powder to neutralize chlorine and lower pH of my water inputs. :wink:

3 Likes

Side note. I got my living soil to a 6.0 ph by cutting it with two 5 gal buckets of peat. Woo hoo made me feel a lot better about it.

Also i did a npk test. Nearly no n or k. I added about 3.5 cups of insect frass, about a cup of dr earth 5-5-5, some lava rock for aeration, and some grokashi. Wet it down again with a 5gal bucket with 2oz photosynthesis+, some molasses, and about an ounce of labs 6.5ph all mixed it until i could squeeze a few drops out of a handful.

2 Likes

Thanks @nube! This was great advice to read today

2 Likes

Goodbye water station. Your constant bubbling has provided many hours of peace and tranquility over the years. I feel really nervous about leaving this practice behind, but will keep a close eye on things. Definitely a welcome change!:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes