Comprehensive treatment and analysis of Fishpond sediments as a source of organic fertilizers

Agricultural fertilizers are essential to enhance proper growth and crop yield

Never thought of using pond sludge. :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

this is one of the reasons why I have 3 ponds and a 40 gallon aquarium for the winter :rofl: :+1:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that using pond sediment was something commonly practiced in Asia for hundreds of years. They seemed to be a little more connected with regenerative or sustainable practices for fertilizers.

Getting into the Korean Natural farming visits these principals. If you haven’t dug into the JADAM book, it’s a good start. It’s eye opening to see how many ways you can effectively make your own fertilizers and microbial teas.

3 Likes

Just downloaded it, damn good book!

Aquaponics bro! Been a thing for a loooong time! Can’t say I know anyone that does it tho :thinking: my father in law has been talking about setting up a couple hundred gallon one in his basement but nothing happening yet.

1 Like

Get a soil test of the sludge. Depending on how the pond is fed, or what the runoff situation is, some can have more heavy metals than are good to smoke!

Mostly rain water now a days, back when I was a youngster it was fed from a decent underwater spring, which has tinkered out for the most part.

Lots of Copperheads hang close to it

1 Like

That would probably be mostly runoff, I would test. I don’t think copperheads care, lol!

Can’t say I’ve ever used pond sludge, but I regularly clean out my aquarium filters and pour the murky brown water onto house plants, they seem to love it.
I havnt built up the courage to use it on cannabis in my living soil tent grow though…not yet anyway haha

:v:

1 Like