Confusing Trichomes

Anyone know why my trichomes are either amber or clear, with very little Milky? Some have no milky at all

The caterpillars are destroying more of my bud by the day. Trying to hang in there as I want good tasting bud, but these trichomes make no sense.

1 Like

It’s completely normal to see the whole range on some buds from clear to amber and in between

What else is your plant telling you? New pistils still being made?

Nope, stopped yesterday and they turned brown. Fade is epic too. I’m gonna give them a few more days and see. So many clears

2 Likes

A few days can and will go a long way!

2 Likes

If the caterpillars are eating bud at a rate higher than the trichomes are maturing, I would say chop sooner than later.

I dont know to which extent it matters, but the buds will keep ripening for a while after chop

3 Likes

Youre just teasing us with no photos! Haha

I don’t have one of those microscope things for my phone yet. Believe me I would love to let you guys look.
Today, I have milky trichomes on 2 plants. Guess I just needed to wait. Chop Chop on these

Same here. But i still wanna see the whole plant

Oh, it’s these plants here Revegging problem childs
Scan to the bottom for recent pics. These plants actually turned out pretty nice

1 Like

Pretty cheap here with the 40% off weekly coupon for 1 item they give you online.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Kids-Crafts-Activities/Science-Educational/Smartphone-Microscope/p/80854458

comes out to like $8.99

1 Like

I’m on my last 4 outdoor plants. However, I am gonna try my hand at a few autos in a cheapy greenhouse I bought when I get back from Jamaica next month. Bonus…they are building a hobby lobby right up the street from me as I type. I’m def gonna get one before the next grow buds!

2 Likes