Harvest time is near

Decided to grow this year after a 5 year hiatus, I found 6 seeds I had put up about 10 years ago, out of the 6 seeds only 2 came up, one turned on me so l had to pull it, I don’t know the strain but if I kept the seeds it was fire.
The other plant my step son gave me, it was a pitiful looking runt but I nursed it back to health, I started outside for about 2 months then moved them inside under grow lights. I got a late start but am planning on clipping and drying them in about a week, not knowing the strain I have to go by instinct, one the sucker leaves were thin the other the S leaves were fat and thick.
This is a side by side pic of two buds from each plant…

23 Likes

I would get a 90x jewelers loupe and check trichomes. In my experience that’s the best way to check peak ripeness.

7 Likes

very nice looking buds :slight_smile:

thanks for the peek

Dequilo

3 Likes

Looks good. Might want to look closer for peak ripeness but they are getting close.

2 Likes

Welcome to og ! Congrats on the upcoming harvest. Keep them pics coming

1 Like

I actually have a J. loop, I have been looking but they look clear to me. The skunk stage was about 3 weeks ago, you could smell it thru the house, thankfully it’s only my wife and myself due to lock down.
I know one is ahead of the other, I appreciate all info, I have only grown in doors about 5 times. I got out of doing it, I grew up in Miami so I grew outside and relied on the natural seasons. Since moving up to northern states I cannot do that anymore. I just did it this year on a whim because l found those seeds and planted them and they came up, well 2 did.
Thanks for the info, l want this to be a good crop and all tips help.

2 Likes

I will, 1st time posting pics, I enjoy seeing other plants too. This was a whim grow, next year I will be more on it, dates and things, I got a late start and cut the lights back mid sept. I started them outside for about 2 months, was not expecting much but I am pleasantly surprised by the outcome, considering.
Thank everyone for the warm welcome… Happy dayz

2 Likes

Welcom back enjoyed the pics

Peaceout and stay safe

1 Like

Harvest time in my Phototron grow is near…gonna chop in about a week and a half or sooner…

Matanuska Thunder Head

4 Likes

Beautiful looking plant! Did you create the cross yourself?

1 Like

Yes I did…check out my Homemade thread…

Homemade Strains Thread

1 Like

Phototrons…such a blast from the last :+1::+1:

1 Like

Did you mean the past? How about the present?

Phototrons…SWC/TRON

1 Like

No I meant the past…lmao. I know They still have them being used. All over that thread…lol but it is for sure memories of the past…hahab

1 Like

The company is no longer around…if you really think about it these grow tents that people are growing in now is really just a bigger versions of a Phototrons but you have to add your own lights to it.

1 Like

Thank you for the link, much appreciated! How did you MTFH turn out?

It’s still in flower bromigo

Hi! Is it different from the MTP, Matanuska Thunder Piss I got!? It’s been growing like crazy, and that yellow tone went away after a feeding… Thanks!

Yes, it is…glad it’s doing better

Nice looking buds, so far the best thing I’ve used for checking trichomes is the zoom function on my phone(should work on most mid range or higher phones made in the past couple years). I have a loupe but it’s hard to look through the tiny lens.