Contest Kitty Status

Hey all.
Just figured I’d put this in its own thread, rather than clogging up the free seeds thread.

As of now, Contest Kitty is working again.

I had to disable the feature that would close down a contest once it reached the max number of contestants. Some contests were closing early before their expiration date, and before the max entrants was reached… And I couldn’t figure out why.

So now, a contest must run for the full length of time that you set it up for. And then it will shut down and pick the winners…

9 Likes

What is this contest kitty you speak of?

3 Likes

I have a all black cat with feline cerebral palsy. Clearly she is the winner. How can we help you?

6 Likes

:rofl: true, I’m sure that left a lot of folks confused.

contest kitty is a simple web tool I wrote, to make seed giveaways a bit easier.

But, as a couple members started using it today, to run some seed giveaway, the new site started having problems.
Since, there were a lot of questions about it working, I made this thread.

6 Likes

Ok. More bumps along the way… the last few days, things were going very badly for CK.

But finally found the one very obscure db bug that was causing all the problems, and got it fixed.

So, now CK is running 100%, and it is safe to use it again for giveaways.

3 Likes

Hey all.
In case anyone cares… I’m discontinuing the contest kitty.
That host that the service runs on has been super unreliable, and it was costing like $28 per month.

So… I’ve moved to a new one, with a new domain.

https://tinycontestwinners.com

This new site will perform the same functions, for about $2.75 per month.

3 Likes

I thought the contest kitty was a really cool way to sort the giveaways. Hope this new one works out for the long haul. Thanks for taking the time

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m looking for a little assistance with something.

Tiny Contest Winners (https://tinycontestwinners.com) has been running nicely for a couple weeks now. It is the official replacement for the contest kitty.

This new domain/web host costs a LOT less money ($3.00 per month, vs $25.00) and is much more stable.

Still, I’m trying to put google ads on the page, just to try and earn enough ad revenue to pay the monthly bill.

Problem is, Google Ads keeps denying my site. I’m still trying to find out exactly why, but it seems like one reason is… there are no links or articles to tinycontestwinners.

So, I’m wondering, does anyone out there have a blog? If so, would you be willing to write a little review of the tool (with a link) and publish it out to your blog, etc. So the google bots can find it and decide it’s worthy. Maybe then they will allow me to add the ads tools…

5 Likes

Hey so I tried to do a giveaway with this and it didn’t expire. I can’t get into it and it hasn’t notified me. I’m a tech idiot but how do I find out who was supposed to win?

Hey guys. Thanks for the boost on this, but I decided to take contest kitty down.

tinycontestwinners.com is the replacement to contest kitty. I moved to a new host that is much cheaper, so I’m not worried about the monthly fees now. It’s only like $1.75 a month now.

But I appreciate the support!
:green_heart:

420, you should get an email once the contest is finished.
Check your spam or junk folder in case it went in there.
Let me know :+1:

1 Like

Yep it’s in the spam folder marked as not spam! Thanks

1 Like