Continue or restart?

Bottom 2 sprouted the same day. Not sure why the one on the left has one cotyledon larger than the other, and not showing signs of true leaves yet, so that’s why I’m here. Anyone have any ideas? HSC Trainwreck, 8 days old. Ky red hair showing, just cause lol.

11 Likes

I think most would suggest to toss it and start something else but I think it’s nice to give it a chance at life as long as you can because it might find itself out of the slow start and turn out to be something wonderful and unique. I typically root for the underdogs in life so that’s probably part of it. It might not ever pull out of it but maybe it will. My suggestion would be to start another one as a replacement and continue with the slow starter too. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Many blessings and much love

6 Likes

May have to do that, but hate using another seed. Only got 2 left, but may bite the bullet and do it anyway.

2 Likes

Two seeds of that variety or two seeds in totality? If you would like or need some more seeds I’ll send you some. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

Cotyledons are the first food, having just half dosis won’t make a good start, sorry but no future for that one, got more seeds if you want… beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

I’d let it ride. The last run I did one of the 2 seeds I didn’t even think would sprout, I shit talked it from seed to flower. Then it turned out to be my favorite of the two.

Or it dies on its own! If you can spare the space see what happens.

8 Likes

2 of that variety. I do realize they are the food for the true leaves, but recently had both stretching, so I buried the stem with soil im using for the KRH, which has a slight amount of nutes in it. Hoping that helps. I have the room to let it ride, but may end up starting another tomorrow. Really want a Trainwreck this season lol.

1 Like

I’d ‘hedge your bet’, keep the weirdo and start another. :+1:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

I second that, I may not have anything you might be interested in but the OG spirit is there

What type of medium are you using? It looks a little dense for seedlings. It’s been my experience that they really don’t take off until the root structure can support the green above the soil. Maybe massage the cup to break it up a little and see what happens or try the surgical transplant in some light airy soil.

3 Likes

Probably a runt, don’t stress it, give it a few days and see if it’s coming along, if it’s slowish and won’t develop just toss it, happens sometimes.
I just tried sprouting some sin city packs last week and they refuse to pop no matter what, so in the trash they go, so many seeds in the world, why get hung up :wink:

3 Likes

Sowing more seeds is always a good idea. :+1:

1 Like

Bit the bullet, and started another.

3 Likes