From seed; The seedling can't hold herself up. What do I do?

So started 2 NEW seeds. One is Feminized THC Bomb. The other is an auto-flower Critical mass.
Now the auto-flower had a helmet head and I removed after I realized she flipped over and couldn’t really support herself. I’ve never had this problem b4. Anyone else ever experienced this issue? I sent some pictures to show you all the issue I’ve encountered. Plz someone let me know

5 Likes

It may be damping off due to over watering, they look rather wet to me. Keep them propped up, and let them dry out would be my advice.

16 Likes

Agreed looks like damp off, cold temperatures, excess moisture, low light exacerbate it.

They rarely recover, kill it before the disease spreads.

6 Likes

Agree, I also had that stretching problem (maybe lights too far?) and what I did was cut the bottom of the pots and add one more flat to cover the long stem. It was easier as once transplanted later on this kind of pot vanishes … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Better watering practices could help. With seedlings do not water until the current soil is pretty dry. You should have at least a couple days, even in those tiny pots, depending on conditions of course.

My last batch of seedlings, I watered with labs, since I had that problem Ina couple from the previous batch. This time I had no damp off. H2o2 water is supposed to help as well.

6 Likes

So should I simply kill the girl??? Or just wait???

1 Like

The critical mass looks smoked. I think you should transplant the other seedling within an inch of the top. Be easy on the water but do give it a little if you transplant

2 Likes

I find a spray bottle of water when there that young is the best way to water
Try a dome till they get stronger

2 Likes

you can try cloning that critical baby
cut it off above the dry thin stalk and put some cloning gel on it and stick her in different soil (just in case) and she should get new roots
treat it like a clone - wet soil and cover it so it stays moist
I have done this twice and it works

cut it here
critical

15 Likes

I had no idea that was even possible.

Learn something new every day.

8 Likes

If they have some what of a leaf it works

4 Likes

That was wired I deleted my firt post some how grrr anyway it’s works very well in optimal conditions 80% humidity and 75-80 degrees worked many times for me in the passed . Knowledge is power little tricks like this are rare most guys don’t let out . Bad Sam . Jk Sam

4 Likes

Don’t water anymore let it dry out and the roots will go looking for water and make it grow

3 Likes

just my thoughts, i would try to clone it,never have on a seedling but since i heard it I would try, but other then that i would write the one off, to easy to pop another bean,less work .

If spare beans are a problem your in the right place!

3 Likes

I agree with Samwell…This was a seedling auto N.L ripped in half above the taproot…i replanted it and now its a beast

9 Likes