Corey's outdoor 2020/2021 seasons

Plants are cool for sure, but I like when the dirty stuff like homemade soil piles is mixed in. Those are threads I’ve learned the most from. Sounds like you have a great starter mix going for sure. You could probably teach some of us more inexperienced organic growers.

3 Likes

Pretty new to it myself @Badger

Last grow I had was 3.5 years ago outside guerilla grow. Only added perlite, bagged cow manure, bagged topsoil (shitty stuff). My seeds were just popping a week before June so I was worried I wasn’t going to get much size. But July to august they took off. 3-6 ft plants.

That being said I want to see how well a good super soil will perform.

3 Likes

I was stoked at how it did for me on my first time out in 17 years. My two big plants went out late June and I got a few pounds of fire off them of the best tasting stuff I’ve smoked in forever. After a good cure, the smoothest too.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I have a buddy that started doing that. He was a living soil guy. He claims bigger yields and denser buds. Killed his flavor and reduced how smooth the buds were.

Secondly, the article doesn’t make sense. If you feed synthetics it will kill the micro life, not allow it to increase.

3 Likes

I think that they were saying small amounts of synthetic ferts won’t kill the microbiology of the soil in small amounts rather to feed the plant what you may not be providing it organically and vise versa.
I have grown great tasting bud with straight up synthetic ferts. If they could of been better then…
I will definitely experiment with it until I know for sure. I have one year of experience with organics under my belt which was last season. Every other year I used synthetics. I need more experience before I can come up with a definitive answere to this topic.

4 Likes

It’s all in the dosage really. At high EC, this is true mainly due to the osmotic pressure. It can literally rip the water out of the microbes. At low EC, some microbes can use the nutrients, storing them in the soil until they are released.

Of course, so will a high concentration of sugar, that’s how most KNF inputs are made. :wink:

6 Likes

Damn right. That last statement you made will make me better at organics next season.
Come to think of it I did watch my plants lockout some last year. To much molasses, and possibly to much sugar in there entire diet.
I will not be mixing nitrogen/blood meal in the compost teas either. Most soil drenches will be seperate…

4 Likes

@grumpoldbastardsseedco.com was gracious enough to send me some of his product to grow next season. Thank you grumpy. Me and a couple other’s will be growing your product. Thanks again and will tag you when they are say 4 feet tall…

2 Likes

It will be me @badger and @dequilo. Unless one backs out but I doubt they do…

2 Likes

But @ReikoX, wouldn’t it be possible that all this sweetness could also feed pests and undesired micro organisms as well? Makes me wonder… Only due to trying and spending less money on brown sugar, so far, all the time I’ve been using a lot less sugar with my fermented stuff, and adding more to the final watering solution, as opposed to the common 1 to 2ml per liter of water. Honestly concerned whether I should stick to what I’ve been doing or buying an organic fertilizer (such as Biobizz) to grant total growth. The point is, plants have been looking healthy and with a few variations of tone in green density, considering they’re different beasts altogether (have no idea about their origins), so I’m carrying on with this KNF, though I think I’ll stick to the real recipe ratio next time.

4 Likes

Actually my doubt too…

Yes, it is possible that other microorganisms may feed on the sugars. That’s why you should test the pH of your ferments. Once they drop below 4.0, they are too acidic for microorganisms to thrive.

2 Likes

This is greally information @ReikoX. Thanks for sharing and for your time. I’m definitely going to be incorporating this information to all future grows

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. They all tend to be acidic themselves, but since I’m always diluting them in lots of water and only then, checking and setting my ph to 6.4, using mostly ph up to balance it, it’s been ok so far, but I really meant to say whether the actual sweetness from molasses could be attractive to unwelcome microorganisms, if that could be possible, and thus, detrimental to the growing environment. Learning miles in seconds round here!

4 Likes

Thats because most of the sugar has been consumed by the bacteria and they produce lactic acid as a byproduct. So I would suggest adding all the sugar before fermentation and no sugar after.

3 Likes

Interesting, to be clear, because of having learned to ferment in an anaerobic environment, contrary to the suggested method of covering with paper towel and rubber bands to let fermentation happen, I’ve been covering my mixes with a plastic bag full of water to make it without contact with air. I have been adding a bit of brown sugar after finishing the juices. I guess what you’re telling me is that I might be able to not have as much acidity by not adding sugar after it’s done. Thank you.

4 Likes

Just an update on the orange grooves. They don’t smell like orange peel yet. I put one in the pollination room with the orange goji male

5 Likes

This is the Orange Goji male

And the female TrumpNutz. I think she’s fully pollinated. Will remove the male this sunday.
Both seeds came from m2.

11 Likes

The bottom plant which is the female TrumpNutz. By @Molto_Mota. The orange Goji seeds came from him too.
I ordered special packages and shit for these seeds. I need some help with the branding… everything will be absolutely free. No nothing to pay. I just need some help with the logos

6 Likes