Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

Just drove to town for some supplies, this is in “locked down” MI.
More cars on the road than a summer weekend.
Me: Not many folks wearing masks.
Counter Gal: That’s because they’re hard to find.
Me, wearing mask: Oh.

9 Likes

:joy:…, Plus a million

2 Likes

Oh yeah, passed a dispensary on the way, packed! Only one parking spot open that some sunuva…beat me to.

5 Likes

My community has been pretty darn good about all this. I havent seen any social gatherings. People are keeping large distances when out walking. Roads are pretty barren. Feels good

7 Likes

Hoped i’d never see the like of this in a leading medical journal :anguished:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30727-3/fulltext

5 Likes

And that is very fast to get something published in the Lancet.
Hate to say it but I see some of the same signs here. I am in contact daily with my job to docs, nurses etc and I sense a lot of that.

5 Likes

Glad to hear you and yours are well… stay safe my friend.

5 Likes

The mainstream media, is the last place I would wonder, looking for truth…

Regards,

K.

2 Likes

Either way…The ones who REALLY own the media, own ALL OF IT…

Like I posted before…The Council Of Foreign Relations…They own all of it. So how do you get unbiased news?

K.

2 Likes

Best you can do is understand how what they tell you furthers their interests.

2 Likes

It was mostly a joke but I do not support that man what so ever. A president of a country should be capable of speaking in a much more educated manner. There almost all liers and crooks as far as I’m concerned ,telling yourself one is really better then the other is a fantasy most of the time.

9 Likes

That’s too bad for you.
What you should know from your meme is the duplicity of Dr. Fauci.
The Dr. said in 2017 that there was “no doubt” Trump would face a epidemic during his presidency.
How would he have known that?

Trump must keep his enemies very close.

3 Likes

Hard to say probably alot more going on then anybody will ever hear about.

6 Likes

Last point.
Assuming that there was no nefarious meaning behind that statement, if the Dr “knew” this was a strong possibility, why wasn’t America prepared for this event?
That is after all the responsibility of the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Dr. Fauci is the face of the system that has let us down.

Peace to you brother, we are all in this together.

5 Likes

Once this is all over I’m sure he blame game will go on for a very long time. Hopefully everybody learns something from this and is more prepared in the future.

5 Likes

Your info on South Africa is incorrect. Lockdown was announced before any deaths and its only one confirmed death of covid-19. Happy to say for once my government is doing a good job on this.

4 Likes

This was what is being reported in US outlets:

South Africa started its official lockdown as of midnight on Friday: the shutdown will impact roughly 57 million citizens in the country. The country, which boasts the most industrialized economy in Africa, reported its first 2 deaths on Friday as well. With more than 1,000 confirmed cases, SA is also home to the largest outbreak in Africa.

Also, see: South Africa Nearing 1,000 Coronavirus Cases, As Country Goes Into Lockdown : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

and

2 Likes

One case was not covid-19. You previous post makes it sound like the lockdown happened because of the death but was actually announced on Monday.

Also as with media they just report figures and not much else. We have the highest outbreak because we started testing stringently when the 1st cases appeared so while other countries had more deaths at this amount of verified cases we are ahead of the curve. It also why we went into lockdown straight away before any deaths to flatten the curve early one. My government isnt so keen on killing off old people to keep the economy going.

And that jacaranda is a music station with small news bites so not the best source.

Things will be getting worse in the next few days as more cases come to light but hopefully we can keep that curve low and ride it out.

3 Likes

And a question, did the US and Canada also make laws about the spread of the virus? Here you will be arrested and charged with manslaughter if you knowingly spread the virus after being tested. And spreading false information comes with a fine and a jail sentence.

3 Likes

Canada hasnt really done much of anything besides send Greece money… oh and give China 16 tons of medical supplies

2 Likes