Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

I’m not sure what repent means but if it means I have to start smoking bongs again I am all for it.

10 Likes

Ha, we all deserve it… bunch of filthy heathens

4 Likes

My family has been stocking up on food slowly for a few weeks now. I have some drums collecting water not that I think the water will stop because people have the flu, a solar system big enough to run a couple fridges and a freezer again not that I think power will turn off because people have the flu.

I don’t think the flu will get that bad here BUT people panic. For example when there are cyclones here people run out and get all the milk and bread they can buy because obviously everyone needs milk sandwiches when it floods and gets windy!

I am no doomsdayer but a quick risk assessment tells me that I should be prepared.

Keep smiling

6 Likes

My dad has a 2000-gallon pond stocked with large koi. End of times there is food and fresh water. :smiling_imp:

10 Likes

Kind of Boney I hear, How do they taste?
I have appox 50 18 to 26 inch myself
never thought about eating them, hell I guess we could even boil the pond water.
I want to laugh and have someone slap me to wake me up, man this is becoming a bad dream I had yrs ago when I had my 1st flashbacks.
Stop the world I want off .

5 Likes

Just get a life straw!

4 Likes

We have three already along when a larger filter to turn a 5gallon bucket into a large version of the life straw using gravity.
Don’t forget swimming pools that are covered are great sources of water too.

2 Likes

You live in my climate? Snow storm expected? Milk, bread, eggs, and toilet paper! What are people planning on doing? Making a lot of French toast, and shitting their brains out?

3 Likes

Latest from Zerohedge (2/17):

• China finally allows US experts inside

• Hubei reports 1,807 new cases, and 93 deaths

• Singapore reports 3 new cases, DP reports 90

• Hubei reports new cases fall for the

• Beijing weighs postponing National Congress

• Japan delays Tokyo Marathon, raising concerns about the Olympics

• 14 Americans aboard evacuation flight found to have virus

• 5 virus-linked deaths rumored in Tibet

• WHO reiterates that signs of slowdown in new China cases doesn't mean outbreak is slowing

• Wuhan hospital boss dies

Total Confirmed: 73,304 Deceased: 1,872

Also interesting: US hospitals prepare for COVID-19 amid uncertainty

And, I’ve been required to take PPE training by the company I work for. Oddly coincidental.

6 Likes

What I want to know is how are they going to stop no less just slow this virus when it hits 3rd world counties like Africa, middle east or south America, places that do not have well established healthcare facilities ?
Millions may die without a cure to battle it.

Starting to feel like all the movies I have seen on outbreaks all the way back to the Andromeda Strain are coming true.

3 Likes

And that useless pos WHO chief was among the first to downplay the news and lick China’s behind.
Now these fucks are at it again, “WHO Holds Secret Talks With Tech Giants To Stop Spread Of Coronavirus “Misinformation””

“Both Facebook and Twitter already announced that they would remove content deemed to be misinformation regarding the virus, a dangerous new lurch to mass censorship given that what is considered “misinformation” is totally subjective and beholden to partisan bias.”

That’s why this topic and alternate news sites may be the only place to get accurate information.

@STIGGY
Seriously it makes sense to always have at least a months supply of food on hand, preferably six, a full tank of gas plus gas in a couple 5 gal cans for a generator.
Storing gas is a pita and dangerous but it is welcome to know you can bugout to your safe place if needed.
The Great North American Blackout proved that one to me.

6 Likes

More news, none of it good:
"fourteen evacuees from the Diamond Princess were allowed to fly back to the United States Sunday despite testing positive for coronavirus, the U.S. State Department and Health and Human Services said in a joint statement. Why were they released? Because supposedly they were not symptomatic, and in a very ominous twist, they had tested negative initially!"

I’m gonna update my Holiday Grow thread just to throw some happy news out here.

5 Likes

The WHO has provided next to zero useful information and has mostly been engaged in propaganda and fund raising.

Recall, they’re the ones who were (and may still be) encouraging air travel and tourism to/from China in the midst of this outbreak while, in the same breath, accusing folk of racism and xenophobia.

6 Likes

lol
About to take a knee …or two.

2 Likes

Has any read any more info on the virus not leaving the body once contracted even though symptoms are gone, like HIV? I Wonder about those 4 inserts and if we’re going to find Out any more info about them.

2 Likes

I’ve read they now believe the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 28 day up from 14 day and that some people that had recovered have become reinfected and that they have been dropping dead due to heart failure.

Crazy stuff but its not like China would openly share that info with the rest of the world because it would hurt their economy that much more if travel and shipping bans popped up as a result of telling the truth.

7 Likes

The Westerdam cruise ship, the one that no one would let dock at their ports, proved those cautious people right as at least one passenger has tested positive for covid-19.
Over a 1,000 passengers disembarked at a port in Cambodia and by now are scattered all over the world.

5 Likes

This is going to get really ugly for the Tech sector.

6 Likes

That was the main story that picked up on this morning. Apple is going to hurt a lot of people when this shakes out. I’ve been an Apple customer since '97 and I’m not happy with them anymore whatsoever. I however wouldn’t have minded if I had been able to buy their stock in '97 when I loved them anyway. It was around $13 a share… lol. That $1000 would be worth over $600,000 now or more.

I’d say the world economy is about to take a crap.

7 Likes

I dont have time to read eveey post but I will say this.

5G is coming and theres not much you can do to stop it.
5G and AI are the way of the future. There is a tech revolution happening. The world will be a much different place in20-30 years.

Get w the times or be left behind.

All technology has its hazards. Guarantee you can find all these same convos from yrs back regarding wifi and older cell signals. Fear of the unknown.

The only safe place is in the middle of rhe arctic and Im sure even thats been compromised.

3 Likes