Coronavirus Facts and Fiction - January - May 2020 [Closed]

I’ve watched this video a few times now. I posted this video a few days back but want to again so anyone who missed it can have a look.

This guy is Dr. Richard Hatchett, who sat on the White House Homeland Security Council in 2005 - 2006 and was a principal author of the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Implementation Plan, and currently heads the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations. So clearly he is a top authority in pandemics. These are a few quotes from the interview.

"This is the most frightening disease I’ve ever encountered in my career, and that includes Ebola, it includes MERS, it includes SARS. And it’s frightening because of the combination of infectiousness and a lethality that appears to be manyfold higher than flu."

"I think the most concerning thing about this virus is the combination of infectiousness and the ability to cause severe disease or death. And we have not since 1918, the Spanish Flu, seen a virus that combined those two qualities in the same way. We have seen very lethal viruses. We have seen certainly, Ebola, or Nipah, or any of the other diseases that CEPI, the organisation that I run, works on - but those viruses had high mortality rates - I mean, Ebola’s mortality rate in some settings is greater than 80%. But they don’t have the infectiousness that this does. They don’t have the potential to explode and spread globally."

If this guy is worried and getting prepared… you should be to.

6 Likes

Why a month from now, I wonder? There must be a national stop-gap to cover the costs but it unclear at the moment.

6 Likes

I don’t think the testing supplies, protocols and labs are available nationwide.

6 Likes

Itayi has confirmed 133 new deaths in the last 24h.

4 Likes

Check out this. It’s from a Dr on the front lines in Italy.

5 Likes

The latest reports state that there are over 90,000 people infected globally and more than 3,000 people have died from COVID19 since December… with the majority of deaths being in China. There have been 13 confirmed COVID19 deaths in the USA, so far.

People should also know that the flu kills more than 300,000 people globally each year.
From October 1, 2019 to February 1, 2020 the CDC estimates that at least 12,000 and perhaps as many as 30,000 people have died as a result of influenza so far this flu season, in the USA alone.

COVID19 is a new virus that has people freaking out… same as the bird flu, swine flu or SARS did when they were first discovered. The flu kills more people each year than all these viruses put together.

Things you can do to help stop the spread of viruses.
Wash your hands frequently.
Cover your nose and mouth when you cough/sneeze.
Stay away from sick people.

4 Likes

It would be really helpful if ONLY people who are already ACTUALLY SICK and/or healthcare professionals were the only ones wearing face masks.
Then it would be easy to see who to stay away from!!!

There are 105,000 and 3500 deaths.

There have been 19 deaths in the US not 13

Here is a chart showing the difference between flu

Your quote or the infectious disease guys. I’ll believe the infections disease DR

Dr. Richard Hatchett, who sat on the White House Homeland Security Council in 2005 - 2006 and was a principal author of the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Implementation Plan, and currently heads the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, told the UK’s Channel 4 :

" This is the most frightening disease I’ve ever encountered in my career , and that includes Ebola, it includes MERS, it includes SARS. And it’s frightening because of the combination of infectiousness and a lethality that appears to be manyfold higher than flu."

All this info is in the other Coronavirus thread sorry for repeating myself.

3 Likes

Do you really think fear hype from doctors will keep people calm?

Have a read and get a feel for what’s it’s like in a country like Italy who is having trouble containing this. It’s not about panic, it’s called facing Reality and being prepared.

5 Likes

Hey @STIGGY,
You can make a disinfecting spray that’s safe for most skin types and surfaces by mixing 3.2oz of clorox bleach with 5gals of water.
I used to clean my carboys with much higher concentrations than that and suffered no ill effects other than making my hands smell like Fritos.

4 Likes

From your link:

> I can also assure you that when you see young people who end up intubated in the ICU, pronated or worse, in ECMO (a machine for the worst cases, which extracts the blood, re-oxygenates it and returns it to the body, waiting for the lungs to hopefully heal), all this confidence for your young age goes away.

That means old folks aren’t the only ones affected.

Even though I’ve been on top of this event and prepared my family as much as possible, my mind just won’t come to grips with the reality of this thing.
I am going to prepare for bugging out next.
It will probably cost myself and my family our jobs but that cost is nothing next to their lives.

Still no reported cases in the flatlands of Michigan.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Just ordering a new weapon today. Was thinking about a new piece anyway, and this thing makes it easy! In my area, they have enough trouble with gangs in normal times…this could make things way worse. Nevada is still the wild west!
Freezers are full…masks and soaps on hand

(Thanks @Northern_Loki)

5 Likes

LOL, no. Don’t go to “mass.gov” for facts :laughing: They still think talking about this virus is racist.

7 Likes

Racist ? Against who , Old People with health issues?

Latest via Zerohedge (3/8):

• Italy reports 2nd straight 1,000+ jump in cases, deaths jump 60%; mortality rate in Italy hits 5%
  • Total US cases surpass 500
  • Portugal president goes into self-quarantine
  • New York State confirms 16 new cases bringing total north of 100
  • Santa Clara reports 5 more cases to 37
  • Mass confirms 15 more cases tied to Biogen conference
  • Mayor de Blasio says NYC could see hundreds of cases in 2-3 weeks
  • Death toll hits 21 as 2 more cases confirmed in Washington State
  • Oregon declares state of emergency
  • 16 million Italians wake up under quarantine
  • Egypt reports Africa’s first coronavirus death, a German citizen
  • Pope Francis cancels Sunday address
  • Dr. Fauci warns community spread is getting out of control.
  • ‘Grand Princess’ to dock in Oakland on Monday
  • Saudi Arabia quarantines province
  • France, Germany call for bans on events with over 1,000
  • Still no word on timing of when ‘Grand Princess’ will land
  • Patient in Japan develops meningitis
  • Spain death toll hits 17, 600+ cases
  • Cuomo says he wants to avoid closing NYC schools, transit if possible
  • Iran official death toll hits 194
  • Daegu Mayor says outbreak may be slowing as number of new cases falls

Confirmed: 110,034 Deceased: 3,825

No, consumerism down in “China” town (e.g. red light district). Mayor is pumping the xenophobia card. Governor takes vacation, crisis management 101.

8 Likes

Jillions of humans in the skies!!
Over 11,000 airplanes.

(Hashtag just stay put - lol)

FlightData24

5 Likes

11 Likes

@V4vendetta Wait he said he’s dealt with it since the 1970’s and then says humans have never dealt with this virus before… how did they not familiarize themselves with this thing if they’ve been working with it that long?

6 Likes