Outdoor plant - eggs on leaf underside

Was out clipping some buds that started to get bud rot in them and noticed this on the underside of a couple fan leaves. Anyone know what these guys are?

4 Likes

My instinct is that those are caterpillar eggs and probably not good. Moths usually lay large clusters of round eggs like that that elongate as they mature and the young caterpillars emerge through the top. Ladybug eggs are usually in smaller clusters than that and are mostly longer and yellow. Lacewing eggs are more evenly spaced and hang in strings from the underside of leaves, and mantis eggs are laid in large-ish cases (the case is called an ootheca).

3 Likes

That tracks, I’ve had problem with caterpillars before, probably should have hit this plant with spinosaid in veg. Will have to hit it with another 3 days Dr. Zymes routine since we’re so far into flower. Thanks for jumping in to help with the ID @GlassJoeGrows

1 Like

I’m fairly confident that these are stink bug eggs.

I know this bc I found this on my outdoor plants and then saw stink bugs grow into adults before getting rid of them. Only 2 survived into flowering but I got rid of them.

I also reached out to a bug expert on Instagram who confirmed it.

Also, they are fairly harmless pests.

1 Like

I mean… eggs suck… and are horrifying but… like those burrowing fuckers (which I had with my first grow, that try to play Charlottes web and write your name in the leaves -_-) can’t you trim as much as possible and then just squash these things with some gloves on? And maybe spray with some diluted Dr Bronners?

I did a big leaf strip today to increase airflow, I’d had found a couple spots of bud rot starting. So i opened everything up today and doused it with the Dr. Zymes again, I’ll do one more day tomorrow to make it 3 in a row which is what they recommend for any infestation and then probably drop back to the once weekly routine until harvest, hopefully keep everything looking alright. This is my first time using dr zymes and it claims to be able to handle pests as well as PM and bud rot, so far I’ve confirmed the PM claim, I’ll see about the bugs and rot too I guess

1 Like

Thanks for this info! I’m glad to know that it’s nothing nuclear between these and caterpillars, still want to see what I can do to knock em down with the routine I mentioned above

Caterpillars. BT is best

“There’s a blue caterpillar on your shoulder.”

1 Like

@anonymous4289 I don’t feel anything :thinking:
jump-attack

@Oldtimerunderground

3 Likes

Most caterpillar spray is ok to spray up until the week of harvest. If ya miss a week they’ll be back!! If you’re against spraying buy some predatory mites

2 Likes

That forgetting a week here or there is for sure what got me to this point, I was real lazy with the outdoor this year, gonna tighten up for the home stretch. Will definitely look into the BT that was mentioned. I appreciate all of you jumping in here to help me out. Top notch, all of ya

1 Like