Countertop Fertilizer Production

Howdy friends:

First things first, this doesn’t really appeal to my growing style but I thought some of you might find it interesting.

A bit pricey but turn all your leftover food shit into fertilizer.

I am not affiliated with this product but thought it might appeal to some of you.

Best I can tell it’s a big ass blender with a carbon filter

Cheers and all the best

7 Likes

An advanced dehydrator of some sort.

I throw my kitchenscraps straight into my pots but this might be interesting for appartment dwelling people with excess money that are slightly less adventurous.

2 Likes

I just use a 5 gallon bucket with a screw lid that has a gasket

I saw something else the other day similar to this I think. It was called Lumi or something

2 Likes

I do really dig the idea of taking all the stuff that I’d mulch and blending it to a pulp. I bet the plants and worms love the shit out of that

4 Likes

Better not be smoking a doob when taking the lid off. :fire: :smile:

1 Like

I just have a small worm bin in the kitchen and feed them vegetable scraps.
Low tech and cheap.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

It’s outside :joy:
Gets dumped in the compost pile at least once a week. Speaking of…

2 Likes

No machine can replace a nice and healthy worm bin, may compost the food but I want them good castings loaded with all those good microbes, worms are simple to raise, put em in a bin and add fan leaves, kitchen scraps and some cardboard

1 Like

Eventually I will run the compost through the worms so they get it the end one way or another :wink:

1 Like

I’ve used a VitaMix for years to make dinosaur vomit, not nearly as cool as that one.

Nice machine!!

5 Likes

Haha love my vitamix! I’ve been using that thing forever, still going strong! @Foreigner i gotta admit that is pretty cool. Been looking into trying out organics myself next year tbch it’s just so intriguing

1 Like

I just thought it was neat. I wouldn’t get one but still neat.

1 Like

Ya definitely not copping one either. Got many other gadgets on the mind that are much more deserving. Including eliminating needing 6 lights for the 8x8 ffs