Covid-19 check in

Lol, I come up your way several times a year. Sault Ste.Marie for fishing trips, been under that bridge so many times over the years! One of my favourite places to travel

Wrong bridge, but have been there many a time.
I live close to the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron.
:green_heart: :seedling:

Ahhh, my bad.

Will reopen tomorrow, hopefully with this statement in every posters mind:

This thread is to keep up with and inform members of their SarsCov2 diagnosis and how they are handling it…it is not a free range ground to moan about vaccines… Do they work? Do they not? Doesn’t matter. It doesn’t belong here.

Thank you kindly.

I got sick with covid earlier this year and it almost took my life. I’m still taking presciption drugs to get by. You either stay in the hospital or get lucky and stay at home with medication.
I was Givin the Bam infusion and several drugs I don’t even want to name. But all gone now lol.

How bad did you have it, what did you take and for how long?

15 Likes

I never had it myself, but I know people who have had it. 1 person expired from it, the others didn’t have much issues surprisingly. I hope you start feeling better soon!

5 Likes

I feel better now. Took a month to do so.

8 Likes

most people arent symptomatic

5 Likes

Back in Jan of 2020, I had a cold that knocked me on my ass. 104.3 temp at its worst.

Was out of commission for about 2 and a half weeks and lost about 13 lbs.

It would get better after 3 days of hell, then in 2 days I would fall back on my ass sick as hell.

The 104 degree temp brought me to a cold water filled tub for an hour. After I did the cold water shock bath, my temp went down to 101, and I felt great.

no idea if it was covid, but my guess is it was, before covid was known.

(edit: now that i think of it, that was the last major cold ive had in almost 2 years?!)

9 Likes

for example, my niece had covid (2 year old) , but no one even knew until she got tested because her mom was exposed. she never showed symptoms. my 90 year old granddad had, my mom, my dad. all good. if i had it, i didnt have symptoms

4 Likes

Im sure alot of people had it without even knowing. I never got tested myself…

3 Likes

same since I didn’t have symptoms and I work remote so I quarantine without doing anything lol. I was definitely exposed to my parents the week before they had symptoms but thankfully their symptoms, and my granddad’s, were mild. Quite likely there has always (edit: from early on, rather, and with who knows how many divergences since) been multiple strains, some more virulent and some more deadly.

3 Likes

My wife was working on the Covid ward of the hospital when all this shit was crazy,she don’t have to
Many patients with it now

It’s no joke,got my vaccine back in March ,definitely though I was going to catch it before I got my shots lol since the wife was working on a Covid ward of the hospital then coming home to me and the dogs ,luck of the Irish

13 Likes

i got the modesta vaccine , since the vaccine I have developed breathing problems somewhat, 3 friends and a relative have died, others have had it and lived

5 Likes

Son had it spent 9 days in an induced coma.
S l o w l y getting back to normal after a couple months.

13 Likes

Wife and I had it in mid-October 2020. She had intermittent high temps, up to 104 F, that spiked up in the evenings for about three days. I had about two weeks of tiredness (slept an extra 2 or 3 hours per day, light fever, loss of smell( not taste). We are in our early 50s. Luckily, no breathing difficulties. Treated with fluids and Tylenol. Fully recovered now, except my sense of smell is not as discerning as it was before.

A friend of mine in his early 30s got it in November 2020, he lost his sense of taste and smell. He still has not recovered his sense of taste or smell. In addition, he has had severe insomnia ever since, staying awake for days at a time. Very unusual for a non-amphetimine user.

Wife and I fully vaccinated with Pfizer, first dose on 4/20/21, second 5/11/21. No ill effects from vaccine.

14 Likes

Same for my GF, she got it early Nov 2020, still has issues with taste and smell.

I got lucky and skirted around it. I went to Cozumel last year a week before it “hit” and travel bans started happening. Opted to ride out the beginning in Mexico as our numbers were far lower there at the time (my 3 week trip to Coz turned into 3 months). Yeah, DONT think I got lucky and spent 3 months in paradise, I DIDNT. My 3rd week there (the week my GF was originally scheduled to arrive) we went into lockdown. That meant no eating out, curfew from 11pm-6am, eventually curfew from 4pm-6am. ALL water activities ceased, so no boats and not even shore diving. 1 person to a vehicle (makes it hard to food shop when you dont have your own vehicle).

Came back to the US in late May as numbers declined here, went back in October (this time the GF came down when I did), my plan was a test run for moving there, and she returned home after 10 days. Well, 2 days after her return, she was positive. Thankfully not much other than body aches and taste / smell for her.

We were worried about me catching it. slightly overweight, smoker, I had my negatives. Got the Jannsen vaccine a few months ago myself… No ill effects…

6 Likes

I lost all taste and smell for a few weeks in late March early April 2020 but never got tested because it had just come out. My guess is I had it but if I did my wife never showed any symptoms or didn’t get it herself 🤷

3 Likes

I had it about 2 weeks before it was a known thing. Brutal knockdown unlike any flu or cold I’ve ever had. Was tested and confirmed for antibodies in June which was a difficult test to get at the time. Got the vaccine and still wear a mask in certain situations. Don’t wanna find out what the delta variant is all about.

5 Likes