Cows....black angus

My entire shake siding is white oak from pallets…Lol

4 Likes

It’s always been a lifelong dream of mine. To do what u r doing. Ur right a step forward is a step forward. As for me I would b happy if I could at least stand still. It seems as if I’m jumping backwards. Keep it up It looks like ur doing one he’ll of a good job, from where I’m sitting. Keep giving updates I truly enjoy them.

1 Like

Thank you. 4 years ago we lived in a different state, losing our cars and our life, simply by trying to pay realestate taxes. We decided right then and there, to do what we had to do to better our lives outside of the rat race as much as we could.
Spent a long time traveling the eastern us hunting for land…and landed where we are, blue ridge mountains.
And we got 10+ acres and a falling down 5000 square foot dump we have been rebuilding. You would shit yourself if you knew what I paid…people think I do the impossible…for which i always reply, just because its impossible for you, sure does not mean its impossible for me, sorry aboit your luck and or skill set…(was able to pay cash).and taxes are under a grand. It was a life changer :+1:

3 Likes

I’m heading more and more towards getting self sustainable. Been a suburban dude my whole life and I do love my creature comforts like being able to order food and being able to be at any store I could need anything from in ten minutes or less though. Ideally I’d have 20+ acres of woods and set myself well back into the property for privacy but I still want to pull out of my property and be able to get a pack of cigs, a pizza, and groceries within ten minutes of leaving my driveway.

I don’t know how realistic that scenario is but it would be perfect. My GF is from a town in MI that isn’t even called a town, its a “village” so she laughs about the creature comforts :laughing:

2 Likes

Extremely realistic…lol. We have that. Literally anything we could want within 10 minutes. We live right outside city limits…lol
We are incredibly fortunate.

Super wally world 2 miles away :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Weird question, what does a cow go for nowadays and how much does it cost to feed it for a month.

2 Likes

Ill let you know in a month about the feeding…lol

Black angus seems to be 800-1500 a cow. Cost me 2oz of smoke. :+1:

5 Likes

Shit can’t beat that

2 Likes

I barter for as much as possible…lol

2 Likes

Huge props for you guys.

Am slowly working my way to something similar, hopefully someday soon!

1 Like

I dont have any cattle but live in cattle country, and black Angus is the number one in this area. used to be
you needed to raise at least two to make out financially.

1 Like

Raised cattle all my life, still do, about 80 head, currently bottle feeding and nurse cow feeding 20+ calves

Get rid of any bull you have scratched or brushed, it may seem tame and act tame but given time it’ll kill or maim you, though it may not mean to and was just playing, I’ve seen and heard it happen many times. A bull is never a “pet”

A “pet” bull doesn’t know how strong it really is

Just my 2 cents

5 Likes

Guys, for those who want to follow our half assed attempt at this home steading thing, here is my thread that kinda turned into it…lol

1 Like

You can’t eat your pet,

I worked in slaughter houses for a long time ,it’s a shame what they do to cattle,another reason I don’t
Eat meat

1 Like

I do understand some people have issue with it, and thats ok with me brother. I personally love a good steak, and have no issue with doing it all myself :+1:

2 Likes

I work in a butcher shop myself lol,I just don’t eat beef or pork or lamb I’ve slaughtered them all

1 Like

I’m gonna name her T-Bone.

2 Likes

My wife named her. I call her KT for short. (Wife names her Kamel Toe…after everyone elses vice president…lmao :joy::joy::joy::joy:)

3 Likes