Cratix grow corner

Starting my first journal here on overgrow as I start a new grow going for a perpetual grow dropping 5 reg seeds every few weeks to a month the goal is to eventually be adding 5 plants while also pulling a couple out to harvest depending on how many females I get out of each batch of 5 never tried it before but a few people said I should be able to do it

At the same time I will be taking clones of each culling any that I don’t think are exceptional as I’m looking for my first plants to make a cross with I want a couple different males and females maybe even some of the same strain if I really like it or someone ask me to even plan to do a entire male grow as I only know what I’ve read and seen in pictures never seen grew one intentionally before

I’m also in the process of reading a few books have the growing bible, breeding bible and marijuana grower handbook from Ed rosenthal and one other I believe
always interested in learning more so if you have and suggestions

The strains I’ll be working with:

These are from sick selections won them from him on Instagram

Then some irie genetics

One pack of chocolate marshmallow from exotic genetics

And lastly when they show up from @HaRdRoC and a couple others (sorry still new here names are difficult) auction again thank you for the invite was highly appreciated sincerely hope it helped

Lot#3

So to start this all off here are the first 5

Strain is blueberry butcher from irie genetics
Growing in pure coco
Nute jacks 321
Vegging under an hlg 135 will flower under a hlg 260

Day 7 after soaking seeds for 24 hours then planting

26 Likes

Looks great, man. Excited to follow along. My favorite cultivation book is Marijuana Botany, by Clarke. Here’s a scan if you want to take a look:

The Blueberry Butcher looks great. I’ve heard breeders mention that breeding with Jack Herer, within a few generations, increasingly Jack-dominant traits show up among gene frequencies; it all turns back to Jack.

Working with three Jack Herer crosses right now, all F2s and F3s, seeing almost all Jack structure and majority Jack terpenes.

But don’t be discouraged to breed with it. It can be a valuable tool; you can create F1s that don’t F2 or F3 well at all. It is a way of providing great vigor complex poly F1s, without reproductions of the seed stock being similar; they’ll drift Jack if others try to breed them forward.

Hope you come out with a delicious Blueberry expression. Have fun finding your gems =)

-Dr. Zinko

10 Likes

Thank you very much will definitely give the book a read and thank you for the info definitely hoping for a keeper from the blueberry butcher but also really want one from the Jack the Ripper #2 on the grow from your heart podcast the breeder of it does a strain review and says that Jack the Ripper is supposed to be super potent but a slight challenge to grow as well

5 Likes

Good to see ya here cratix…information is an endless highway enjoy~

5 Likes

Thank you crazy1

3 Likes

And here they are the seeds from @HaRdRoC auction super excited for this they showed up a week early from what tracking said they would

6 Likes

Here is the full collection of seeds now half just came from hardroc lol

9 Likes

Looks like your going to be real busy little buddy !

2 Likes

Most definitely will be dropping some more seeds in water this Thursday will plant on Friday

1 Like

Looks great cratix
Brotha blue :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

Thanks blue

Quick update on the little ones all but the back left doing well except the back left probably going to pull the one also heat is getting out of control time to buy a small ac for the bedroom probably going to run to Walmart and do that tonight

7 Likes

When your battling the summer temps this is always awesome to see got the ac in last night and it’s already making the difference plus my lights are off from 10 am to 4 pm the flowering tent will probably run 8 to 8 being off during the day

5 Likes

Just got the dab press in can’t wait to use it after work

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see how it goes. Take pictures for us. :camera_flash:

2 Likes

Will do also going to try and video it and put on Instagram as well I’ll post a link have a few things to try never pressed before so going to be a fun learning experience

1 Like

Roommate and I had an absolute blast yesterday with the rosin press

Just going to do a photo dump

The next day

When we pressed some bugs I froze right after chopping the plant wanted to try it

In the process of making some dry ice has

Will post pics when it’s finished and I press some of it hope everyone is having a great Friday and looking forward to an awesome weekend

3 Likes

Looks like your getting the hang of it. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Thank you still have a lot to practice and more to learn but in my way

First dry ice sift 220 micron screen

Second take through the 220 screen

I use to have a piece of glass for this but I broke it while using it last time parchment paper worked out alright going to put both in the freezer for a little have them on a frozen plate but want them nice and cold plus smoke break

3 Likes

Pressed some of the hash last night

Here is the second sift hash pressed

Here is the first sift hash pressed was also my first bag rupture

6 Likes

Toxic Weekend by sick selections (you can check him out on Instagram)

24 hour soak then straight into pure coco

Less than 72 hours later 5 out 6 sprouted on 18/6 under my crappy blurple

3 Likes