Crazaer's tiny tents

The plastic pots…

1 Like

This whole process is such a thorough learning experience for me.

Everything new and shiny was maybe too much at once.

I like mainline training, for many reasons, but I think it’s better to run my testers without it. Even if I find a pheno that likes it, I doubt I’ll do much more than one or two top cuts. Any future mother plants, OTOH, will deffo get it.

I like Jacks 321 and I should have just stayed at full strength to 3/4 strength. It’s so different from when I ran AN, back in the day, and my ppm might go over 1000 without deleterious effects. Girls love it in veg and I think they’ll love it in flower for my next run. I screwed up on this run, but I’m learning still.

Sticking with coco. She’s been my girl for a long time but I need to implement buffer and charge protocols, before planting or transplanting, rather than relying on the usually high quality coco from Canna. Also, I’ll start recycling it with enzymes for future use.

I know I shouldn’t add yet another new variable, but I’m thinking about some predatory mites as a preventative. I’m worried they may not have enough food, though, since I don’t have any bugs currently.

I’ll look through my pix tonight to see what’s worth sharing, but I have not made a solid journal entry since 11/7. Should I just take pix and fly by the seat of my pants? Time will tell.

4 Likes

No good pix to upload. Growth has stalled out on my flowering girls, with weeks to go. Hopefully they chunk like a MFer, sooner rather than later, but I’ll let them go until the seeds are done.

The one Master Ghash female showed some nanners, that I picked, and no new ones showed up after that. I’m blaming on stress, this go round, but I’ll be keeping a close eye on their next cycle. Kept cuts of the 1 male and 1 female I got from 2 seeds, and I’ll be popping 5 more for next cycle, which leaves me 5 remaining seeds. Who am I kidding? They will get popped soon enough.

Bloom tent #2, aka the “big” tent, is shaping into a fine grow space for the winter. I’ll have to downsize in summer, but that’s too far away to worry just yet. Meanwhile, temps and humidity are in line throughout the day. I will start a new thread for my adventures with her, though.

Ran into Sebring today. What a mensch! We will chop it up soon and I’m juiced about the next VIMEA meeting. Donated my extra predatory bugs for a good cause and the rest are hard at work, nomming down on thrips and anything else they find.

Finally I took cuts of CBD Chem 1-3, as a back-up. I’m not super optimistic that any of the chem flavor will show through. Right now, with at least 4 weeks to go, they all have a pretty generic fruity smell.

3 Likes

Feeling better today, so I’ll dredge up a few pics.

4 Likes

An overview.

Veg looks.

5 Likes

How do you like those Blumats? I lost about half of my pieces when I moved, but before that happened I had a lot of really good runs with them and liked them a lot.

2 Likes

Rosemary in veg. I figure the algae can feed my predatory mite population when they finish off the thrips.

4 Likes

They are amazing as a backup support system, for trips away and whatnot. Not sure I’m sold on them as a stand alone system in coco, but definitely in soil. That said, they’re a new tech for me and I know I have lots more to learn while using them. I still hand-water to ~10% runoff daily, when I’m home.

My prior experience has all been pumped to drippers, and I love that these have no moving pieces to break down. The knobs are a bit fiddly, for me, though. I’ll get the hang of them, soon enough.

1 Like

Fun leaf mutations.

The male, Master Ghash 2.

4 Likes

Another look in veg.

Tied down. They like it.

4 Likes

Same thing for the Master Ghash male.

The fruit of his labors.

3 Likes

New life.

How sweet it is.

6 Likes

I love shots like that :slight_smile:

What are they?

1 Like

More Master Ghash testers from Bodhi.

This will make my minimum 7, but I will finish off the rest in a subsequent cycle.

3 Likes

Ok everybody,

Is it time to be brutal? When that question comes up, it pretty much tells me that the answer is yes.

I can hope for a beautiful quality to shine through in a plant, but those hopes don’t get daddy’s medicine pronto if I have to dig it out from subsequent breeding. Ruthless is the march of progress.

Here’s what I’m talking about. See those lime green ladies? They’re all CBD Chem 1, with the same everything as the Master Ghash 1 next to them. And I’m close to closing out their first bloom cycle in another tent, but I’ll be damned if there’s anything approaching a chem smell coming off them.

They’re getting the axe and IDK if I’ll keep the two other versions I have. They’re all just generic fruitiness - delicious in their own way but not chem anywhere to be found. Now the effects could be amazing - which is why I’ve kept it so far - but I’m doubtful that my socks will be rocked.

None of the real chem varieties I’ve had were great shakes in the effects dept, but their beauty dripped from the smell and taste. Could that blah effect plus unknown CBD equal greatness? Sure, anything is possible, and I wouldn’t bet on it.

3 Likes

Here’s another culling question:

Only one of the NL Auto Regs I popped is above ground. All the rest got the exact same treatment and they’re alive but have not yet crested the soil line. I really want to scrap them, recycle the coco, and move on. Autoflower friends, should I be patient, what do you think?

The will to live from this one auto leads me to suspect it’s a male, though this is my first auto popped. EVER. I’m living in the future :heart_eyes: now.

3 Likes

Hey, dig 'em up and see what’s up…

2 Likes

@ReikoX

I see you. Chime in, brother.

You’ve laced me with high quality autos that I want to give a full run and really let them shine.

I could pop them today and add them to this flock.

1 Like

I kinda did. Loosened the coco around them.

They’re alive but if they were human, I’d leave them in the NICU for a month.

One of the AF heads said somewhere that if they’re too pampered they won’t root out well and I wonder if this is the case here. I charged the coco with half-strength Jacks 321 before planting them.

1 Like

Maybe a light foliar spray of LITFA would help?

1 Like