CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

He most definitely cracked my dome with the most evil twang the beam could produce.

5 Likes

Fungus-Amongus

21 Likes

That gif is soooo epic!!

5 Likes

I can’t believe it actually went through! It got denied for being too large then magically posted. Ha!

3 Likes

Edit. No it didn’t! It reverted back to a link. Dang!

3 Likes

Todays Work From Home Project:
27 Gallon DIY Worm Bin

1. Grab two totes. Put bricks in one to act as a spacer/air pocket.

2. Drill a fuck-ton of holes using a 1/8 drill bit on the floor of the tub without bricks. This tub will have the medium and worms. The holes on the floor will help to aerate and let the lechate (worm juice) collect in the tub it’s resting in.

3. Next up, I drilled a couple larger holes on all four sides at the top of the bin that will house the worms. Then more holes in the lid with the 1/8 drill bit. Worms need air!!

4. Stack the two totes, with the one with holes on top. I then collected a hearty portion of leaf mold from my yard and mixed that with SPM, ROLS, Compost, Rice Hulls, OSF, a small amount of my diy Craft Blend, Rock Dust, and some EWC from my other bin. I topped it all off with some Kashi. Watered it all in with a wetting agent and some DIY Photosynthesis+.

I ordered 2000 worms from Uncle Jim’s and they should be here shortly. Let the good times roll y’all! I’ll update once my worms arrive.

29 Likes

Damn that mycelium mat is blooming nice bin I’m lazy and just use a 20 gallon grow bag inside a tote for my worms that bin should do great 2000 is a good amount should produce a good amount of castings for you i need to get another bin going great stuff @CrunchBerries

11 Likes

Thanks bud! I’m looking forward to churning out some castings with this thing.

9 Likes

Before:

After:

22 Likes

Holds 7 gallons if you mound it .

6 Likes

Looks good. It seems like you did double work though for no gain? You could have just made two totes and put the lids on the bottom underneath the totes that you out holes in?

I always thought the only reason to have multiple totes was to be able to easily move worms from one “tray/tote,” to the next so you can use all of the castings left behind.

Just wondering why you did it like that

3 Likes

I believe the idea is to be able to collect the juice, correct me if I’m wrong Crunch…

6 Likes

Yah, here’s an example of collecting juice but only one tote like I was thinking. About minute 5:00 on the clip

Edit: 5:50 sorry

5 Likes

Hey bud, I can’t really envision what you are describing. Are you talking about like a tower system, like a Can-O-Worms or something?

Edit. Watched the video. Thanks! I really just did it this way to collect the lechate and have maximum aeration underneath the medium and worms. My can of worms system is pretty much the same design.

6 Likes

I posted, maybe while you were posting ^

4 Likes

Thanks for weighing in. :slight_smile: I think you must be talking about the Earthbox Jr. The regular Earthbox definitely holds more than 7 gallons of soil, but I’m not sure if it holds 14-15gal (2cuft).

On the other hand, I just measured the capacity of a City Pickers (via 5gal bucket) and it holds 2cuft (3 buckets full) and possibly a little more if you mound it. And 4 fit perfectly into a 4x4 tent! Just wish their water rez was bigger…

4 Likes

No, I am definitely referring to the original earthbox. I vividly remember when I used them previously, I had purchased two bags of buildasoil 3.0. Then only one bag fit in it and I was stuck with an extra bag. Maybe if you really pack it in, You can get a little bit more in there with a massive mound in the middle. But it holds about one cubic foot of soil. I am using the earthbox juniors now currently, and it took half of a bag of buildasoil 3.0.

8 Likes

Concur… I fit one bag of light in mine but heavily amended with my EWC and some black gold I had on hand, so a little over 1cf

7 Likes

I just filled two EB with about 10 gallons each, so closer to 1.5 cubic foot.

7 Likes

I just got off the horn with the Earthbox company and the helpful representative said it has a max capacity of 2cu ft. So that’s an OG EB mounded past the brim of the planter. Go-Go gadget brain!

10 Likes