Let's see your worm bins!

Thanks @BeagleZ, I suspected a bin would be the best options. Gotta get on it this weekend! Also, thanks @CrunchBerries for the link. Got some reading to do. Not while I’m at work though. :innocent:

4 Likes

Welcome to the 36th chamber of nerdom kid!

9 Likes

Well my daughter is going to start her worm farm project. I think we will just get her a premade worm tower or worm farm of some sort to start off with. Then once she gets the hang of things, we can step it up to making some large tote bins.

I will be helping as well, but she wanted to do it as a FFA project so she will have to dive in, get dirty and learn.

12 Likes

Let’s play with the colonies🪱

Enjoying an early fall meal

For the gut

Worm :bug: on

A tiny bit of lettuce on top of the pumpkin and some spent coffee grinds from the local beanery—reusable recyclable goodies.

10 Likes

Quiet in wormtown I guess.

Busy in the worm wipeout zone.

Warming trend👀

Time to feed🤌

Keep it vermy :bug:

12 Likes

Hey all you worm wizards! Let’s get this thread going again! I’m currently walking a baby around in a bjorn, so I can’t really add too much to the conversation other than to just let y’all know that it would be cool to have a more active community of vermicomposters on here. If I didn’t tag someone make sure to spread the good word far and wide!!!

Here is a diy 27gal worm bin that I made recently CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread - #318 by CrunchBerries

@BeagleZ @Maddawg @HeadyBearAdventures @syzygy @Cartwright @Greasy @ReikoX @iamyou_youareme @nube @Dirt_Wizard @HorseBadorites @LegsMahoney @BarefootAndBlazed @HolyAngel @ElGalloBlanco @tresbundles @unomas @Vagabond_Windy @ramblinrose @herojuana.tom @Indicana_Jones. @zephyr

25 Likes

I’m gonna wiggle up in here and find something to eat while I keep an eye out. Starting a worm bin might be a good spring project.

8 Likes

Avocado tech really helps bring my populations back to raging!!

21 Likes

Ah Man, I’m always wormin’, but not too many peeps check in here. Maybe you can stir it up a little bit. I will post my next motions with the wiggly ones, tomorrow maybe. Need a new batch of soil asap :wink:

7 Likes

I’m doing avo for a bin too, they friggin’ love it.

6 Likes

My first Wigglers are showing up tomorrow! :smile:

7 Likes

Get ready for some worm babies!! 🪱

6 Likes

It is all about the worm babies :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your plants will be thanking you muchly :wink:

6 Likes

Here’s hoping! Finally making the switch from salt nutes, worm bin seemed like a must :+1:

8 Likes

Source some greensand. Good for their gut, without tiny granules they cannot digest correctly. Then the greensand becomes available mag, and you will forget you ever knew the words cal mag :open_mouth:

11 Likes

I don’t have indoor space for a worm bin… and Arizona summer in a plastic tub seems like a worm killer!
Anybody ever try vermicomposting outdoors in the desert?

7 Likes

Try it. Shade is your friend. Watering can, or tub nearby. Lots of pot leaves, and you are off and running. Bigger the better, imho, less extremes.

4 Likes

This was my main thought. The center should stay relatively cool.

5 Likes

I’ll toss it on the list, saw some of you fine folk using it. Currently have some ground up egg shell dust to start em off

5 Likes