CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

I only grew two Black Triangles, but I’d say that other than the Imperial Majesties, they showed the least 88G influence of all of those crosses that I’ve grown.

They also got pollinated by something that hermed, so maybe that had something to do with it… haha. I dunno.

4 Likes

Not 100% as I’ve never built them this way. These are the pics of the depth of a CP and EB below. I’m thinking you should be fine, but set it up and see how much water you can hold before committing to your design.

7 Likes

The growth has been crazy for sure did not expect it. Feeder roots are goin nuts! Question for our more experienced, I’ve tried to wrap my head around this. New growth has been troubling me to my eye it looks a little too light green, I really don’t believe it’s deficiency so maybe excess or could she maybe be growing so fast she is outpacing biology? Much love!

14 Likes

From my experience they grow so fast they can’t quite keep up with the chlorophyll production. Not a deficiency. I’d say you look like you’re right on track :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking this for awhile, but I’m glad you finally mentioned something so I had a reason to comment - you’re close to overgrowing the pot size. Start adding topdresses now, flip immediately, and keep the topdresses happening every two weeks for the next month. 3 topdress in total, and all should include your normal dry amendments and compost/ewc. Make sure the last one adds a large mound, and water each one in with goodies.

You might even be a couple weeks behind, but as long as you give enough extra topdress and compost/ewc mounded up, I think you’ll be alright in the end. You want a lot, with just enough space on the edges to be able to water it in with LABs and rootwise or similar microbe product without the water spilling over the edge.

Also, make sure the water rez doesn’t dry out for more than a day. Keep refilling it as soon as it goes dry.

At this point, you’re trying to catch a tiger by its tail. Learn from what happened to @cannavore a couple months ago. Best of luck!

:sun_with_face: :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

I didn’t realize that plant hadn’t been flipped yet. Never mind the pot; she’s gonna outgrow the tent haha!

4 Likes

@nube thank you! She flipped last Sunday, :thinking: I had a feeling I was getting behind and have kept a great expectation for screwing this one up​:rofl:. Complete learning experience here.I will do just as you say and see what the next 8weeks do.

5 Likes

@nube i will have to check my log on this but I believe she’s only been in this EB , well transplanted on feb 1 and flipped this last Sunday wow.! I’m pretty sure (will have to look) she’s been top dressed once prior to transplant, once at transplant and last Sunday :thinking: perhaps not enough volume or I need to reexamine what I’m dressing with?

4 Likes

SIP update - Day 26F

OGKBv2.1 x Mendo Breath and Famous Aimless ((Gelato 33 x GSC forum cut) x OGKBv2.1)

Saltwater Kush and Death Slap

With everyone all together you can easily see the SIPs (in the back) are outpacing the regular pots (with blumats).

17 Likes

Hey nube could ro water be an issue?

3 Likes

I don’t think you’re screwing anything up, but you will want to keep up with her needs and you’re already a little behind. If that plant’s been in the earthbox for a whole month, she’s definitely going to be hungry and I think that’s what she’s showing with the lighter foliage. And she’s at her fastest growth for the next 3 weeks, so now’s the time to get her prepped for success!

Topdress like I said and cover with a thin layer of compost and/or EWC each time to make sure there’s a lot of active biology. You should also topdress organic quick oats or milled malted barley to get the fungal action restarted to invite those feeder roots up to the top. Water in very lightly with some microbes and you’re good for a couple weeks. The last topdress will need to be mounded up so she has enough food to finish her lifecycle.

Also, no, RO water is not an issue when you have high quality soil and topdress several times. I use tapwater, but I have used RO water in the past with zero issues.

I’m excited to see how your plant does!

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:

7 Likes

Thanks nube !

4 Likes

Afternoon Y’all,

Day 7 Veg
Filled the reservoir for the first time yesterday, as I was starting to see signs of growth. Cleaned up and topped after pictures were taken.

Black Triangle F1

Sunshine 4 7&8

Good Medicine F3

Irene

DLA5 F2

Lavender Jack

Dragon Hammer

Space Monkey F1

Hope everyone is well~ Crunch

19 Likes

You’re set for success over there, Crunch! :astonished: Do you think you’ll have any issues with the difference in size between your clones? Looks like some are big and bushy while some are small. :evergreen_tree:

Quick update on this end. I harvested the Tahoe, Mother’s Milk #31, and Santa Cruz Blue Dream on Sunday, day 63F. Here’s some pics from before the chop.

Tahoe continued her wonderful run. She looks a little leafy and there’s definitely room for improvement, but the pics are deceptive because of the camera angle. I was surprised she didn’t swell much in the last couple weeks - not for lack of food it seems - but she definitely did stop drinking completely the last week and must have been done. Great sweet lemony fresh smells with a hint of berry. Very frosty!

Nigerian Rafiki #8 is still going strong, drinking as much water as I can give her. Getting a little color since maybe the middle of week 7, more every day. I did get quite a few nanners starting in week 7 and continuing to now, as mentioned before, but I’m not seeing any seeds so hopefully they’re sterile? I definitely could tell there was pollen in the air cuz I get a little itchy every time I open the tent, but I didn’t see any pistils browning unexpectedly or seeds forming. I guess we’ll see.

Some of the buds are full and some are really spindly. It doesn’t seem to matter how close they are to the light, either, as quite a few lower and side canopy tops are spindly, while many of the ones touching the light are full and dense. Same for the nanners. I can’t really figure her out - she’s a wild child! But I’m drawn to her because she’s so unique.

She smells lovely, a really nice mix of jack and metallic carrot with an undercurrent of DANK. And she’s visibly frosted and swelled up the last couple weeks, as you can see in a few different bud shots.

Santa Cruz Blue Dream has such deliciously strong pine and blueberry scents, she reminds me exactly of the blueberry weed I got in the mid 90s in Portland and on tour. Didn’t exactly wow me with growth, but worth a rerun.

Spellcaster #10 is chugging along, starting her quick finish just as expected. Apparently she’s done done between weeks 10-11, and it looks like she’s speeding towards the finish line. In person, she has a great smell combination of Bandaid Haze #7 and Cascade hops with some dank in the background. Getting really fat behind those leaves, and has started flopping despite having really robust stems.

Mother’s Milk #31 and Dragon Hammer #3 I didn’t get great pics of, but here’s both of them together, MM31 in most of the frame with the DH on the very right hand edge. The MM31 flopped everywhere in the last two weeks, basically laying over bud on bud. Spaghetti stems and nugs that swelled waaaaaaay more than expected is a recipe for horizontal plants. The MM31 is a muted stinky - I wouldn’t call it creamy or powdery like Mother’s Milk is supposed to be; it’s more of a muted OG light lemony perfume smell or something. Not loud, but not lacking either.

The DH has lost some of her sharp smell, but still has a cocoa butter tanning lotion + lime smell and is starting to finally have pistils ripen in the last week. She’s also flopping everywhere and really deserves more attention. We’ll see how the smoke turns out - high hopes for this one which is supposed to run 10-11wks as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::

Here’s the whole tent after harvesting the Tahoe, Mother’s Milk #31, and the Santa Cruz Blue Dream:

Time to spring forward!

:sun_with_face: :rainbow:
:peace_symbol:

25 Likes

Thanks, man! They are all honestly about the same height. That Space Monkey though is a bit larger than I would have liked. I’ll make sure to bend some tops to keep things in check and on pace with the others.

Congratulations on a successful and bountiful harvest! Spring forward, indeed!! Looking forward to what the new season brings!! Always appreciate your updates and contributions to this thread!!

Be good family~ Crunchy

11 Likes

This! My new growth tips with every strain ivr had in my SIP bed have been lime green to almost yellow. Couple days later and leaves are a lot bigger and greening out to match the more mature leaves

5 Likes

Very interesting. I believe the Blue Dream cut I have is the Santa Cruz and think it smells like mountain dew Baja blast. Cant really describe it any other way. Looks identical to what you show.

4 Likes

Beautiful tent!!

2 Likes

Quick update on day 73F for the remaining SIPs in my 5x5.

Nigerian Rafiki #8 taking up roughly a 3x3 or 3x4 space, looking like Sideshow Bob.

Spellcaster #10 just about done, finally starting to fade a little. Hard to get good pics of this one, but she’s thick.

Dragon Hammer #3 not swelling as much as I expected, but fading so I think she’s pretty close to ready.

Was going to harvest Spellcaster and DH3 tonight after making space by putting the others (11 days drying) into totes, but had to pause on that cuz the stuff hanging’s not dry yet. I live in a low humidity climate and my stuff isn’t drying very fast. Also, the stems always dry out faster than the leaves - I’m getting stem snaps on some while the leaves are still floppy. What kind of weird alternate reality do I live in? lol It could be cuz I don’t use a circulation fan in my drying tent, just an exhaust fan, but I’d think it would be the same humidity throughout the tent with 4 vent holes open at all times. Oh well…first world Chad over here. :laughing:

:rainbow: :sun_with_face:
:peace_symbol:

26 Likes

Evening Y’all,

Day 16 V Everyone got their third topdress yesterday and I’m thinking I will flip in the next day or so. Working on their second or third reservoir, but their thirst increases daily.

Hope everyone is easy~ Crunch

Space Monkey
Little larger than the rest, but the EB’s profile is lower, so it kinda evens out with the Craftsman 10 gals.

Dragon Hammer

Lavender Jack
Squat, but picking up steam.

DLA 5 F2
Really like the looks of this one!

Irene

Good Medicine F3
Runt of the litter.

Sunshine4 7&8

Black Triangle
Coming out of reveg strong.

25 Likes