CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

How’s that space monkey smelling @CrunchBerries ? The one I got from you is looking super healthy and better than anything else I have in veg. Low maintenance is always a plus!!

4 Likes

Thanks brother

3 Likes

Trying something new this go too ! I love big body soil.!

6 Likes

Day 7 possibly next Sunday I’ll start water down the stacks

10 Likes

Spent the day making some 27 gallon and 5 gallon SIPs so I could give some veggies a run in these machines lol. Perforated corrugated tubing with some wrapped in some garden fabric and zip tied the ends to seal them from soil. 1 1/4 inch pvc for my fill tube and and overflow drain tube out the back. Trying out some Commonwealth Canna (based out of Richmond, VA I believe) living soil from the local grow shop.

![20240428_154641|500x500](upload://8S4aPK2b1v4tnUldSl22sa3dpD k.jpeg)

14 Likes

The 27 gallon are the exact way I Madeleine they turned out to be some beasts. Check out my

Modicums 1st sip grow/No-till

5 Likes

Hey @imstinky I haven’t blown off your question. Been thinking about it a bit and I think I’ve come to the conclusion that Space Monkey smells like a Virginia morning in Spring. A mix of damp earth, pine, lavender, blackberry blossoms, and Honeysuckle. I think Honeysuckle is the closest thing I can find to the Wookie smell. Hope that’s as clear as mud! Glad to hear those plants are doing well.

11 Likes

Bro I’ve been contemplating trying to keep a mother in a 5 gallon set like this!

3 Likes

I ended up making these just because I had some left over materials from the big totes. Should be able to keep a nice mom for quite awhile in one of these.

I, unfortunately only have a small small cabinet for my clones and mom’s. Been considering making a small 1 gallon or even 1/2 gallon SIP to hold some little bonsai mom’s. Turns out I’m not very good at judging moisture levels to keep up with handwatering them :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Bro I’m in the same boat🤣

3 Likes

I’d love to see what you come up with for a bonsai mom!

3 Likes

Question for the general assembly here! Has anyone worked with swick beds while sexing these plants we love?

1 Like

Looks good over there @Smscreations! Your making me want to bust out my 27 gal’ers! I love how cleanly you wrapped that landscape fabric. Keep us updated on your progress!

Edit: here is a link that has some micro sip ideas

10 Likes

Dang, I literally opened the app to come in here and ask if anybody had some suggestions for micro SIPs :joy::joy: thanks @CrunchBerries for the links!! Got some ideas rolling around and hunting thru my house for some little containers right now!

3 Likes

Evening Y’all,
Day 37f update. Hope everyone is well and getting their Spring projects done.

Added a fourth topdress and watered in a soluble brew. Noticed some slight bleaching on some and turned the lights down to 70%. Haven’t seen any aphids, but I’ll keep checking. Overall, this run is progressing according to plan. Onward through the fog!

Comfrey patch in bloom

A feast for the senses!

Sunshine4 7&8

Black Triangle

Good Medicine F3

Irene

DLA 5 F2

Lavender Jack

Dragon Hammer

Space Monkey

MTSBWY~ Crunch

25 Likes

Wow!!!

4 Likes

Oh, that’s so weird you posted that Lead Belly track, I just listened to Bill Callahan’s/Smog’s version like five times in a row last night while I was getting ready for bed.

Love his version of it, especially when the strings come in.

Plants look good!

4 Likes

Day 10 and I just put water down the neck , gallon I. The eb and 2 in the home made
May take the eb upstairs and rock in the 4x4. The 12 gallon I wilmm on probably took dress lay’er flat n flower she grew quick

6 Likes

May attempt to keep the 12 gallon as a mother tho

2 Likes

I am wrestling with the idea of restructuring my 4x4 and doing all sips or possibly talking the missus into another tent to keep mothers in . The bags in the 4x4 have been super easy goin to, loving the ollas so far

11 Likes