Modicums 1st sip grow/No-till

This is my first go around at a real sub irragated planter with no till set up. im a member of the Probiotic farmers Alliance
so i been using their principles already just not in full pro biotic no till. i already use labs, imos ,em1, Grokashi etc… now ill run the :earth_americas: :package: set up with covered inoculated mulch.
i used about 3 different variations in this method. the earthbox the city slicker and somas sip style. all in one. its 18 gal. with an approx. 3 gallon res… will get hydroton under the wicking area. to have a clean res. this will get coco in the wicking cups plus a 1 inch coco perlite mix then will be filled to the top with potting soil and down to earth ferts.

14 Likes

Interesting run.

Let’s take a seat and watch the show.

:eye:

3 Likes

Interested for sure!

2 Likes

got plants? i know you have beans. :smile:

:evergreen_tree: :blush:

3 Likes

Nice, I really wanna see how sip works to grow weed

3 Likes

oh yeah definitely got beans. i cant decide if i want to try the sour life saver or sequoia zkittlez . this run.

7 Likes

This is going to be a very interesting thread. I’m looking forward to seeing the growth and outcome already.

3 Likes

right on brother very interested in sips look forward to watching your progress for sure

Update…

10 Likes

Got the sip started and i will be using this in another one of my grows. I will be breeding cackelberry for a preservation project for us

3 Likes

I just finished a run with ferments and a SIP.

:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

3 Likes

what ever hit the floor in here is history this lab hyphae is unreal. You can see them overtaking what ever falls in the first pic one leaf was hanging and still connected it got ate.

8 Likes

Your gonna love the sip. it makes overwatering impossible if your aeration is right. Looking forward to seeing your ferments and other techniques you have to teach!

3 Likes

its been a whole lot of LITFA going on around here. but i love the explosive growth.

5 Likes

this is my baaby needing somevair. she has buds hidden by water leaves.

praying to the light directly after a clean up. maybe 10 minutes after and she like i see the light

5 Likes

I’ve ran some grows with sip’s but I don’t understand how those are planted in there.

Could you elaborate?

2 Likes

it just a piece of corrugated pipe with the holes. so im real heavy about not wasting anything. you should see my wife she hates. it could be the container the strawberries came in. im like dont throw that away ill make a mini cloner or seedling tray lol. but any way i didn’t have and small pots for 4 seeds i wanted started and at the same time was making the sip. so the extra that was cut off i re used. pefect little air pots to impossible to over water. i used the plastic top of Pringles cans to close off the bottom and those were my pots. made transplanting a breeze to. so when it was time to transplant just pop out the pringles top put your mycos in and your done.

this pic is my clones in the sip. The small ones are seed germination test of my crosses but it hard to cull anything for me
This pic is one of my clones after i cleaned up the jungle it was. took out some males i didnt need. to give you a diameter of this she is the size of a nickel and growing. ill add some grokashi and some rice hulls to get my hyphae back because i gave them some aact with some bat guano and top water it in last one is the girls i know to be now in their small air pots.

7 Likes

Kindred soul alert!
lol

I have to wait for my wife to go shopping or visiting to raid the recycle bin.
Why buy food grade plastic containers when you’ve ALREADY bought them?

7 Likes

…or a good time to go get a milkshake or some junkfood or baked goods! :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

How’s your hyphae doing? :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like