Current Sour Bubble

one of my 6 sour bubble from the coop run has tricotyledon and leaves !!! also one f the seeds had 2 embryos a very little baby sprout . lol

7 Likes

No, that’s the latest package type.

7 Likes

Just a little confused from the post where it says that post was from 06. I understand now

5 Likes

I started 6 sour bubble from the fall seedbox one of them is a tri leaf, lets see if it stays this way or turns back to a 2 leafer

22 Likes

I wanted to upload a video but can’t. Took screenshots. This is a pheno of sour bubble from seeds made by @DougDawson if you want to see more I have video and pictures on my Instagram page

26 Likes

Yeah man, you did great with that frost machine. Can’t wait for a smoke report, amazing job bud.

9 Likes

I forgot to include this pheno I have going that’s turning purple/dark

22 Likes

Beautiful Sour Bubbles. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Yeah I bought a pack of the first SHN drop. A SB head like me couldn’t pass it up. Its like playing the lottery. Which im fine with.

I still have them. Popping older beans myself gifted from buck. That’s definitely the way to go. Specifically anything pre 2011.

But Bog jr said his dad had a back up stash from each seed line he created. Which really doesnt sound right to me. Based on the fact the old stuff was so good. Why wouldn’t he break those out again? :man_shrugging:

But im sure he had some stuff stashed for sure. Apparently he used some old bx2 seeds for that drop I ordered from. Bx2 is a very vague term with bog lol. He was always releasing different bxs.

4 Likes

Yeah I find that a bit hard to believe :thinking:
If he had seed stock from prior to the bubba messing up the line, you’d think he would’ve gone back to it immediately.

Have we gotten any confirmation Jr is even doing any work at all? Last I heard the owner of SHN was actually making the beans himself and selling them. And no one has been too happy with the results compared to the older real-deal BOG made beans.

6 Likes

Who the hell made these seeds I bought :joy::man_shrugging:? Whatever memorabilia at this point maybe.

And yeah I totally agree. Very sad Bog had so much trouble keeping males also. Because some of those original batches from pre 2011 produced some of the best head stash on the planet.

If he did keep seeds from each run he definitely would have used those. In my opinion I guess. Maybe he wanted to work down the line and never look back.

4 Likes

I feel like it was nigh this confusing even back when BOG was alive, so our chances of ever getting any definitive answers these days are sadly negligible

I bought SB from SHN as soon as they came back in 2022 or whenever that was and got 4/4 males… never tried again

3 Likes

I drooled a little :joy:

2 Likes

wasn’t the bog jr/bogs son guy a scammer? the instagram one was atleast.

3 Likes

Well the genetics will be preserved one way or another I can promise you that.

Sad to see that the legitimacy of Bogs seeds even has an ounce of questionability.

4 Likes

One could see it as a sense of mystery rather than a question of legitimacy :slight_smile:

BOG definitely liked to keep it mysterious

4 Likes

Indeed, by design….

4 Likes

Let me know if you ever wanna buy a mystery pack :wink::joy:.

3 Likes

I’m gonna trust the sour bubbles @Tonygreen made and the repro seeds @DougDawson made for us all in the co-op seed run. I am envious of those who were on to the BOG gear in the days when it was earning it’s reputation. I did have an interaction with BOG online when he noticed that I posted zero germination on a pack of Blue Kush. He contacted me out of the blue and offered to replace the seeds. I told him it was okay because I bought them from (the now defunct) Seedbay in 2016 or so , knowing they were old stock. In hind sight I should have taken the offer hehe
I only have 6 tonygreen sour bubbles going right now as wee little 3 ish week old seedlings. Can not wait to get these to harvest

13 Likes

I bought 2 of the Tony Green Tribute Cases last year, and got 99 seeds!!! For $250 including shipping. Havent grown them, but I think they are hard to beat, if one is after this particular strain.
Just think of all the selection Tony got to use, from those at IC Mag who went through all kinds of seeds, kept clones from 05-10 ect, and the best were kept, and is what he got to use for his base. No doubt 1000s, of plants were gone through in 5 -6 years.

4 Likes