BOG Bubble 04-05 x BOG Sour Bubble

I got a pack of 5 fem seeds and popped them first week of january. It’s been cold here so everything has been moving slow. These plants all have very different leaves and smells some of them have fat double serrated leaves and others have the more thin sativa leaves. I am fascinated to look through the pack and catalog all the differences. Lots of skunky and pickle smells from initial stem rub. All five seeds germed and grew super fast.

here is what the seed bank had to say about it "Sharky wanted to bring back a favorite of his the legendary BOG bubble. He used his seeds from 2004-05 for this cross. He gave me a pic so you can verify for yourself (2nd Pic). He used the new pheno of the BOG Sour Bobble (Second Run Release) and hit his keeper female of the 04-05 BOG Bubble. I don’t know if the BOG Bubble changed over the years but it’s worth noting when the seeds were sourced. "

This order came with a ton of fun freebies and I am super happy with the service etc. What a great seed bank.

I started the seeds in worm castings in a solo cup using a cloth grow bag insert and a sandwich bag sealed w duct tape as a humidity dome. I have to keep them airtight because I have a small fungus gnat issue and if I don’t seal the seedlings in a dome they love to eat seedlings. The gnats are 99% gone but you don’t want to take risks when dealing with precious genes. I fed them a couple times with fish shit and regaliaa and did IPM with some spinosad mixed w a little superthrive foliar spray. I’ve been using play sand to cover the soil and put doubled up filters over the vents on the bottoms of the pots as a mechanical barrier from the gnats and it seems to work great. I went from having a bunch of them to almost never having any at all which is a great relief.

I topped the most aggressive plant and took two cuttings to see how well they root.
Can’t wait to show you guys the results. These are the results I’m shooting for (not mine, taken from twitter)

I can’t wait to share the results with you guys

52 Likes

Oooh boy! Love me some Sour Bubble! Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

@buckaroobonsai you have any mothers going of the sour bubble?

6 Likes

No dude, I grow from seed.

6 Likes

Nice ! Hope it’s stellar!

1 Like

I am going to be watching this. Best of luck to you. :grin:

2 Likes

I was in the tent this morning and really pleased with these ladies so naturally I started cutting on them and took 2 five inch branches off of each plant for a total of ten cuttings this way I get a min of two shots to reproduce each pheno. Clones always look so different from seed plants depending on time of year, method, food etc. I figure it will take me about ten days to start seeing some roots in the psycloner. I used a little rooting hormone, easy peezy.

4 Likes

These grew a bunch over the week. I took the opportunity today to feed them give them a haircut and flip them to flower. I’m really enjoying the different scents of each one and the difference in fan leaves. Some have random double serrations in them. I took a picture of the group and each different phenos huge fan leaves.

11 Likes

Sure are some pretty plants, looking very happy and healthy! :green_heart:

1 Like

The first round of rooted clones of each pheno hit the dirt. This plant has great structure and branching. You never know what you have until you see the clone in your setup.

8 Likes

Looking good! Can’t wait to see them flower out!

1 Like

One week of 12 12 kind of still vegging and that is fine. All of them about doubled in size and seem to be tolerating full strength feedings with no problems.

7 Likes

All the clones taken have rooted and greened up except one that did not make the jump from aero to dirt. I’m very excited that there will be a couple of sour bubble plants to put outdoors this summer. I’ve heard they are legendary.

4 Likes

They are putting on size. There are two runts, exactly the same. Short squat and average. The other three are twice as big and bushy. They are still giving off pickle smells and some tiny pre flowers starting I’m betting on at least four to six more inches of stretch. They are taking full feedings every three days about a half gallon give or take.

10 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

I can’t believe I of all people missed this thread, wow. Plants look great. :v:

4 Likes

great find ! found out were to get them but were sold out. and if I remember right like $35.00 for a pack (fems)- have to look up what “bank” is it — has only 3-4 breeders. Good Stuff !!

2 Likes

Sharky was breeder I got them at so cal seed vault, very nice fella

3 Likes

that’s right ! I contacted them to see if there is going to be any more seeds available - Sharky has just come out with a few re-stock strains. pulling up a chair for this one --Peace

2 Likes

great looking plants :+1: i’ll pull up a seat on the lillypad and keep an eye on this one :frog:

1 Like