Dankmaster’s Columbian Gold x Xmas bud 79 group run

That sounds like an awesome cross!!

2 Likes

Anything sounds good coming out of Humboldt, just don’t go up there camping :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s the mother. It is a beast after 4 months of veg, but still manageable for height restricted grows. It’s fairly compact too

16 Likes

That is still vegging? wow amazing…

How would I be eligible for any seeds? Thank You

2 Likes

@HashstasH That’s the thing. I don’t know how many are there. 4 SOG style w 2-3 tops to keep things in perspective. I didn’t get hit heavy so it’s in spots. I do think it’s more than 20, but not 100+ though I could be wrong. And even though accidental, if proved popular among the community it’s easily reproduced w the pollen I have stored up

10 Likes

Thats so amazing how you do that with such wisdom and knowledge of these powerful plants…

I would love any thing you produce and I’m all eye’s when you have anything for us to see and learn from you…

2 Likes

@HashstasH Now that’s an interesting Q…I guess I’ll go back to my old days, along w having Robert Clarke’s Marijuana Botany book and showing a very acute observation skill when I describe plants and their trait flaws, so much that NCGA made Bluewidow his line from my first trial. I then later did Blueberry x G13xNL and many wanted those beans. Several IRC and ICQ newbie growers I sent those beans to start out, and each loved them. I did that one to boost potency, and even though F2 it was a good call.

So I demonstrated a knack of cross breeding as a young grower. When I did the Airbourne G13 x Fig Widow, that went global and so heavy I had to have the defunct Heavens Stairway distribute them out. Won’t forget several growers who decided to have a vendetta over all that (Pacific) but 9/11 kaboshed other planned crosses and recrossing those GFW offspring back to cut on the path to squaring/cubing such as Brothers Grim C99.

Even though 9/11 ended everything, I am free today as I was heavily involved in OG1.0 and Cannabis World and could’ve been easily ensnared in the ongoing operation unbeknownst to community. Leaving it all was hard, but I felt too much cavalier attention was being drawn, almost like a gut hunch. I will say this too because I know everybody respects Subcool, but he did draw heat to the situation unfolding. The scale of his activity felt concerning being all interconnected to each other. Though I will leave you a fun fact. When Subcool went to the Cannabis Cup 97’ or ‘98 I told him what seeds to bring back I wanted. After he returned we discussed on the phone his experiences. He told me all the strains I picked were the best there. Serious AK-47, Kail Mist, Bubblegum, Sensi NL#5 and JH/Jackflash. This should say something in its self.The way it all ended could have been a blessing in disguise for me I wouldn’t know until 10 years later at least.

9 Likes

I always liked what Subcool brought to the table but I don’t have the time or energy to start growing 50 seeds and singling out the males to get only fems but if he would have had female seeds my $ would have been with a few strains…

I miss the Apollo 11’s I had from Rezdog… I also was gifted some nice Mental Floss beans from a good friend Chimera

3 Likes

I remember Jacks Cleaner well, which I think was his first and good one, but he started pushing the envelope living in GA w several hundred plants in his grows. That’s inviting feds to say come get me. I’ll just say foreboding is the sense I got during the time. Even though it’s good to have the higher number to select from, depending on felony state limits it’s best to stay under. Mine is 50, so I can never exceed 49 including cuts.

4 Likes

I just wish I would have found a friend here in MA that doesn’t mind having an old apprentice teaching a 60 yr old about cannabis pollinations…

3 Likes

Ah, well let me help point you to learning how I’ve done it

First you have to know what you’re pollinating for and what strains you’re using

Second, observe and study each plant from seedling on through the growth phase, and when comparing them this is where you begin to learn to select from. With the Xmas bud I’ve noted their characteristics though the growth and to their flowering, and made potential calls. Strong plants like Xmas bud C are generally what you want, minimal stretch and a mimicking of female flowers such structures, sizes, density, quantity of pollen shedding. If you can say that plant look like a female, then you potentially have something worth using. Like growing it’s self, this too takes practice and then you understand more as you do it :+1:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for your time and help,

my question is would I be able to grow a male plant to full size and then place plastic bags zip tie’s branches and collect pollen, take bag put over branches lover bottom

to pollinate fem plant?

2 Likes

Ok, so you can grow any unsexed plant in the controlled environment, once you know it’s sex, the controlled environment isn’t necessary to continue. Some strong plants need little as a normal light bulb to finish, but if you have a sunny widow area, it’s plenty to flower and get your pollen. I find it funny there’s a misconception of needing optimum conditions for males, actually taking that out is the way to put the genetics to the test. My Xmas B couldn’t adapt to the change, proving it was weak and dropping little pollen. In fact whole pods dropped, so it was a signal to me to eliminate out. I’ve heard of that method, however I like to be sure by direct collecting . It’s easy to take a small folded piece of foil and put that underneath close and lightly tap the dust in to dump in a container or baggy. I’m amazed at how lightly tapping can get it flying too. I’ve done this w flash light in the dark, so I can stop when particles are starting to kick up more around me. I find it’s easier to see. Can be done in a beam of sunlight too, but only within the ray hitting the area. The dust does blend well w daylight so can be harder to notice and what’s getting on you. I tend think it’s better at night, lights off dark cycle so can’t drift to the flowering as much and see it better using a light beam. The reason I say direct collecting over the bag, is being able taking a small brush, dip into container and dab it over pistils ensures contact w each one.

4 Likes

Just my quick $.02 here. I would personally make fewer packs, with more beans per pack, versus making more 5 packs, and try to direct them towards people who will grow them out sooner than later. Or just grow them period. I feel 5 is not enough to really see what a cross has to offer, too few to do a good OP repro/expansion, and too few to do a pheno hunt or make a selection from.

Also, I am not raising my hand for these, so I am not saying this to try and get a bigger pack for myself.

Good on you for spreading the love.
That’s OG!

Now if this cross test grows awesome I might be up for some in the future if you re-make it en mass. I have fond memories from my teens of the “Christmas Buds” that would come through each year in December!

:robot:

5 Likes

These are good points IMHO. If the recipients can pop these and commit to seed runs, then these would make a great project bean!

2 Likes

Dried 10-15 mins later

So I thought I would show something not so covered in hair before it gets micro steam dry to test. It’s larf, but damm is it like glue. The strain fools you into thinking it’s not going to yield much, until the 6th week. It’s like twice the size, so even lowers pack more towards the final weeks

15 Likes

Definitely frosty!

3 Likes

@tejas I had to look in the back spots, and I noticed how frosty it was way under and last time I looked I thought not that big, so it was surprising to see. It’s kind of like the strain starts performing magic near the end. Just keeps getting better, other than high ppm sensitivity. I see why this one requires patience to grow out.

7 Likes

I would like to try those seeds when they are ready. if possible, that is?

regards,

Hey there @mike28086 I’ve been thinking how to conduct this seed test. Depending on how many viable seeds I get, will decide how many participants there are. I think I want to go the route of another member running a test, as to be a participant by committing to grow them when received and keeping regular updates in a designated thread.

The seeds are just finishing up. Most already have their stripes showing. There are some false, white and hollow I’ve found. I don’t know what’s deeper inside, but I imagine as soon I break the buds apart I’ll find out how much. Could be most are inner than outer. I will have to sacrifice a few to test germination rates. I’ve never sent any seed w less than 80% rates so I make sure viability is high. Once I know my viability right, I’ll make the announcement and how many I have to send out. A committed tester can step forward to volunteer. I’ll send them myself if less than 1-5. If much more, say 20+ I’ll send them all to a liaison to be distro out that way. So check back later in the month if you can commit. Thanks

9 Likes