Dankmaster’s Columbian Gold x Xmas bud 79 group run

I have started collecting the seeds. Based on what I’ve found so far out of the small amount of buds taken from the jar, I believe there’s 100+ total. I’ve already got 12 that didn’t crush when given the pressure test.

14 Likes

Nice, brother; you’ve already got a pack of beans!
I’m gonna be front row to watch whoever grows these out, might be one hell of a happy accident.

5 Likes

I would be game to run some.

1 Like

Not a bad start!

Here’s a close up of the dried bud

10 Likes

those are some beautiful buds my friend

3 Likes

Thanks :blush: Despite the brief nute the burn and mag deficiency, they still turned out well for a first crop in 20 years. It starts to show colors at the very end w cool night temps. I didn’t think Colombian gold purpled any due to being equatorial. It would be interesting to know if that’s heritage or inbreeding variance.

3 Likes

if they bounced back from deficiencies and nute burn those are some sturdy plants and id keep them around

2 Likes

Oh yes, I was overall impressed w performance throughout the grow. Less stretch than anticipated. Lowers filled in better and dense. And the maturation time was less than 70. It could have gone to 70, but finished faster at 63. Most seeds, except here and there white and smaller immature fully matured. So yeah, under that 10 week mark for near 100% sativa is dammed good to keep. I’ve had my eyes on the plant seeing it’s crossing potential, not expecting to cross w Xmas pollen, but perhaps it was meant to happen and be the surprise hybrid. Not a first, Bluewidow from NCGA happened this way and was a surprise hit within the community.

6 Likes

58 seeds so far have passed…It’s sporadic, so not every bud got hit. I still have half left. There is more to find, that aren’t in front… Once I reach 100+ I’ll start asking for the volunteers :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Very cool. I never understand how tedious shucking beans. It’s almost as bad as trimming :joy:. I’m sure :fire: is coming from these!

1 Like

@Emeraldgreen Try nearly 100% seeded. To get a rolls worth was exasperating after de-seeding. I had to get five cigar boxes to de-seed and the boxes acted as a sifter of sorts. I think the worst was counting out 1500 for Heaven’s Stairway to be sent out.

I’m at 75 now. I have always thought it was under 100, and I’m close to the bottom. It could have been, but many failed pressure test when found. Soon I’m going to germ test 4. 75-100% must pop before I take testers. I did my last crop on the basis of lower CBN/THC ratio. As I said the interest in this incidental is not what I expected, so I’ve picked 2 decent size lateral buds and dusted all. I don’t have a clue how many are there but this is an entire bud and it’s lowers dusted. So if YOU don’t get the first, there will be a 2nd round :wink:

It’s been a loooooong time since I’ve dusted and I wasn’t too sure it’s taken, but I had to brush up on the indicators it took…I believe it did. Singed tips look

Now after my first reversal, I will have another offering for interested testers. My Chocolate Haze pheno B primarily has a larger yield expression, so I’ve dusted 2 lower branches. Again I don’t know how many will be there, but I’ll estimate at 50-100 between the 2 branches

Now you can see the CG yields as I said. Theses are bigger than my hydro crop of it at only 5 weeks . All the unders are beginning to fill up too now the more foliage yellowed and dropped. It’s bud structure is different from hydro too. Actually both phenos grow similar. I think the CH B cross could be an interesting mix. All the particulars about that plant are in my last grow diary

13 Likes

Comlumbian Gold x Xmas Bud is badass too but the Chocolate Haze x Xmas Bud has me drooling!

4 Likes

@Slick1 you mean Colombian Gold x Chocolate Haze :grin: And it’s the same spice terpenes too

2 Likes

Well that’s good too but I was quoting you! :laughing:

2 Likes

@Slick1 Ahhh I’m stoner… I think I proposed to dust a branch of a clone when I do the selfing of it. I will certainly let you know when I do that one as well.

1 Like

Either sounds awesome but chocolate pine sounds interesting!

2 Likes

Anything Xmas C pollen touches is going to be good…I believe it was a resin male.

5 Likes

@Slick1 although I do have my pheno A I’m eliminating in final flowering, I could hit a few buds there for ya. That one has classic thinner sativa structure, but lankier in height.

3 Likes

That’s a great update @OriginalDankmaster96 Thank you for tagging me! Your new dustings sound delicious also.

1 Like