Deeptown Farms - A MO Grow

Missouri fella and new grower here too, looking forward to your updates. I’m in the center of the state, Pettis county.

8 Likes

Happy to help my dude!

1 Like

Welcome to the party, happy growing!

2 Likes

Updated Pics, here is my MAC1.
Anyone know what the discoloration might be?

Here’s some shots of the Zkittles x Chillz
I feel like I should do some more defoliation but I’m afraid to deprive my girls of light, what would yall do?

The younguns, MAC1 clones in the 1gal pots, Zkittles x Chillz in the cups and DJ Short’s Blueberry in the ac infinity nursery bag
!

clones of Anaphylaxis by mass medical thug pug colab and purple chem by cali connect in the seed dome and a two day old Grape Balls of Fire by ethos sprout
A shot of the whole flower tent

And lastly my first auto, Fog Dog by KCGenetics

I think its workin out well enough I’m gonna try n keep one around. She’s been crazy easy, just feed and forget pretty much. Obviously not gonna get a lot out of her but she’s lookin nice and smells crazy good

7 Likes

If anyone has grown DJ Short’s blueberry or Ethos Grape Balls of Fire lmk how they did for you. I’m growing them from seed for the first time. I’m looking more for info on the Grape Balls, or any of its grape parents Grape Diamonds, Grape Cake, or Grape Stomper

DJ shorts blueberry is decent. Hit or miss on actually getting any blueberry terps.

Looks like some of your buds in the last post have some light bleaching going on. Tips of the top buds turning white. Raise the lights or turn them down a bit, up to you.

As for defoliation, this might help Defoliation vs No(little) defoliation - #12 by PlantShepherd

2 Likes

is this a big problem? My concern is that because I’m using a 200 watt on the left and 100 watt on the right I’m afraid of depriving the lower buds of light at the expense of the tall few…

wow, great info thanks. I’m goin to get to trimmin those lower leaves now

2 Likes

It depends if she’s done stretching or not. At the very least, I would keep the same height if the plant gets taller. Could you perhaps lean the plant over or spread it out so that the light penetrates better but the top isn’t so close? If not, it may be something to think about for the next grow.

I’ve had plants bleach before. I just trimmed the bleached part. Smoke was good, not great, but I was way underfeeding that whole grow with lights on full blast, so the leaves cannibalized themselves, which is to say idk if the bleaching was symptomatic of why the weed wasn’t as potent as the following grow with the same cuts.

1 Like

Wow another Mo grower! Welcome!!

2 Likes

I turned down the 200 watt a little but it could only be moved up a half inch. the 100 watt light had a few inches to move up. I tried leaning some but theirs not much room… I need a new tent after I get a new light for my tent… lol…

think this will cause overheating on the lower light? the top one is the HLG 100 watt rspec bottom is 200 watt ac infinity 200 watt that came with the 2x4 tent kit

3 Likes

Welcome @JerBear and @donuchee, hope you stick around. If your ever in the KC area lmk, I always take way too many clones who need homes… that goes for any of you MO growers

6 Likes

I make it over to KC a few times a year to visit the kids and grandbabies. Appreciate the offer!

3 Likes

@hooddirt thanks for the offer brother! If yall keep an eye out ill be doing a giveaway sometime next month when i reset my mother tent just cover shipping and you can have 2 strains 2-5 snips each

4 Likes

These Maui Haze pics got noticed by Equilibrium and used on their site and their sending me some seeds for more pics…

and then my bank account got hacked. so i guess you could say I really got that equilibrium in my life… lol
gotta be able to laugh

8 Likes

PLANT UPDATE
So this is my first winter with more than 1 plant in a 2x2 tent and I’m fuckin up A LOT!! Which means I’m also learning a lot, most lessons involve seeds the past few weeks and environmental changes when moving to veg tent… Learned a good one today while moving a Purple chem clone to the veg tent I bumped my heater and it turned and I walked away for a few min and blasted the Purple Chem clone and my Blueberry plant… Lesson was look when I bump a heater so close to plants

I hope they come back but I went ahead and popped another blueberry bean… throws off my timing tho, I’ll probably have to flip some small plants to keep my flower tent full cause MAC1 is lookin about ready to chop!!

My Fog Dog Auto is lookin like she’ll be right behind her. I didn’t try training her for potency but I don’t think that’s an issue, next time I’ll try some LST. She’s also a little puffy, I think its time to upgrade my 65 watt, made a good starter light but I wish Ida invested in something better. Its a good opportunity to see what insufficient light looks like tho. So much to learn, I’m excited I’m on to learning in depth about lights now. If anyone knows any good articles or threads here please lmk

My Zkittles x Chillz is smelling as good as she’s looking! I’m more excited to smoke her than anything I’ve grown before (all 4 plants)

Pretty good for a 100 watt light on the right plant. Only 200 on the left, lights are next on my gear list. Probably gonna go with HLG again or might try Mars Hydro, a co-worker sells um wholesale prices. Thanks for following, any MO growers out there feel free to post your plant pics here. Share the love

5 Likes

Your plants are looking great man! Sucks about the fried seedling, but she might just make it. I too learn alot in the winter months lol

Here are my girls. Never got over 85, which is about my upper ceiling, but humidity was all over the place, and I let them grow into the light a little too much. The leaf tacos righteously piss me off. I hope the smoke is good enough to justify running her again. This is a Consumption (tk/nl5 x Haze) x Choc Thai cross, and one of my many goals is to find a killer nl5 x Haze…

9 Likes

What kind of lights u use? That’s some frosty nug

2 Likes

Hlg blackwing in a 4x4.

And thank you

3 Likes

@Tolerance_Break @hooddirt looking amazing guys! Keep up the good work yall it’s always a learning curve! My recent mistakes are not checking my ph in the res enough which allowed 2-3 days of 5.1 ph in the res which shocked the golden tiger but the chemtek still looking amazing and then timer issues. Just need to check in during lights out more and make sure all is good or pony up and get 2 pulse pros if im gonna keep being lazy one for the 4x8 and one for the 5x5. My next gadget I wanna buy is a co2 meter but I think thats built into the pulse pro

4 Likes

thanks, always helpful to hear about others mistakes to try n avoid um

1 Like